Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a prop 1 in a coffin pop up.... I may leave it there but I need to re-program it...
If I use it somewhere else then... I still need to re-program it.

I have no connectors with it....... What is it that I need to hook it up to my computer? EFT-Tek site was a little unclear about what I actually need.

Of course, I will need a little help with the reprogramming too. If I leave it where it is.... I just need to speed up the timing a little.
It controls the coffin lid and the skelly that sits up. The timing between the lid opening and the skelly sitting up is toooo long. need to shorten that by about 3 seconds or so.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It sounds as though someone else programmed it for you. If that isn't the case, and you did do the programming, then ignore this. You will need the original program loaded into the basic stamp editor. If you just have the program in the chip, you can't retrieve it from there and make changes. If someone else did write the program, maybe you could get it from them and post it here on the forum and I'm sure there are a number of people that could help you make the changes that you want. I guess what I'm trying to get across is that you can't make changes to your program without first having the program available on the editor. Does that make sense? Now if I'm only telling you stuff you already know....I'm sorry. This is something that bit me a while back when I wanted to make some changes to a prop1. I'm just trying to help.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, my prop 1 is reprogrammed...... Jon at EFX-TEK is awesome!

NOW, I want to control a light with it. Will the prop1 control a light directly thru OUT0 - OUT7 or do I need a relay too?.... Any suggestion on a good source for a relay? I will probaly use a regular incandescent bulb.

If I use an LED.... I could actually use the out PINs 1-5 ? These would power an LED... Am I getting the right grasp on the prop1?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lynn-

The Prop-1 supplies 12 volts to OUT0- OUT7. This means it can directly power LED's with resistors for 12 volts, or could power a 12 volt relay which could be used to switch on/off AC 110 current.

The pins supply 5 volts so they could be used for 5 volt LED/resistor combinations.

I usually go the 12 volt LED/resistor route as it is fairly easy to get packets of LED's and resistors for 12 volts right through ebay vendors at pretty good prices. For simple and quick purposes, Radio Shack does sell Orange LED's in plastic housings with resistors already attached for 12 volts for around $2 each.

I have also used relays to switch AC lights on, and it is not much more difficult.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK kinda what I was thinking.
So when programming the prop1 for out0-?.... I have it programmed to turn lights on to pin2 but, to turn power on at the out strip.... what command is it... is it called out2 or something else ? I think I want it at the 12v out rather than the 5v pins.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lynn-

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have been away from the computer for the last few days.

Basically the programming needs to set them as outputs and then turn them on. Something as simple as out2 = 1 would turn it on. out2= 0 would turn it off.

Here is an interesting example you can view :

Code Help

As always though you can't go wrong by asking Jon at Efx Tek for specific help, and the Search feature in their forums is also very valuable.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone.

I may have all my issues solved thanks to you guys here and Jon at Efx-Tek.

Now..... when I added my LED light, it stays on! Am I wiring it wrong?
How should the LED be hooked up to the prop1 through pin2 ?

The program says light IsOn just before the servo drops the head of my prop... then says light IsOff just before is starts to roll the head back up. But it just stays on, so I don't know if I hooked it up wrong or theres a problem with the program. My first thought.....I probably hooked it up wrong ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lynn-

IF you are connecting the LED through the OUT connectors, the + wire connects to V+ at the top, and the - wire connects to the OUT connector.

If it is connected to the V+ and GND connectors then it would stay on. Otherwise it is probably a problem in the program.

I just looked at your code as posted on Efx-Tek and you want the LED connected as: + wire to V+ and - wire to OUT2.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK here is the program.

SYMBOL Trigger = PIN6 ' SETUP = DN

SYMBOL Light = PIN2
SYMBOL Rotate = 1 ' rotation servo
SYMBOL Tilt = 0 ' tilt servo

' -----[ Constants ]-------------------------------------------------------

SYMBOL IsOn = 1 ' for active-high in/out
SYMBOL IsOff = 0

SYMBOL Yes = 1
SYMBOL No = 0

' -----[ Variables ]-------------------------------------------------------

SYMBOL timer = B2
SYMBOL pos = B3 ' tilt servo position
SYMBOL speed = B4 ' rotating servo speed

SYMBOL delay = W5

' -----[ Initialization ]--------------------------------------------------

Reset:
PINS = %00000000 ' clear all
DIRS = %00000111 ' set output pins

pos = 100 ' up position
speed = 150 ' stopped

delay = 60000
GOSUB Servo_Delay

' -----[ Program Code ]----------------------------------------------------

Main:
timer = 0 ' reset timer

Check_Trigger:
PULSOUT Tilt, pos ' update servos
PULSOUT Rotate, speed
PAUSE 17 ' loop pad
timer = timer + 20 * Trigger ' update timer
IF timer < 100 THEN Check_Trigger ' wait for 0.1 sec input

Light_On:
Light = IsOn
delay = 500
GOSUB Servo_Pause

Drop:
pos = 200 ' tilt for drop
delay = 4000 ' set for 4 seconds
GOSUB Servo_Pause

Roll_Up:
Light = IsOff
pos = 100 ' back t up position
speed = 125 ' adjust for roll-up speed
delay = 4000 ' adjust for roll-up time
GOSUB Servo_Pause

GOTO Reset

' -----[ Subroutines ]-----------------------------------------------------

' Use instead of PAUSE
' -- put pause value (ms) in "delay" before calling

Servo_Pause:
PULSOUT Tilt, pos ' update servos
PULSOUT Rotate, speed
IF delay < 20 THEN SP_Exit
PAUSE 17
delay = delay - 20
GOTO Servo_Pause

SP_Exit:
PAUSE delay
RETURN

I have the LED on the pin out connectors... the red and white pins.
Maybe this will help .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts