Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to HF but have been haunting the neighborhood for years! I want to add some effects with animation via a projector and wonder if anyone is doing this and, if so, what projector you are using, including any limitations. I don't know yet if I will want to project on a window from inside or do something on the exterior. Any thoughts or advice are gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Hall,

I have been teaching a "Digital Projection in the Haunt" course at most every Halloween convention these past few years.
This year I am producing the SE USA's Halloween Convention -- SEHEC, so you won't catch me doing it anywhere else (for once in 9 years).

If you go to my Dr. TerrorEyes Facebook account, the PowerPoint pics of my presentation last year in Portland are there under my Photos.

That may help. AtmosFX has lots of info also on their YouTube Channel.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am new to HF but have been haunting the neighborhood for years! I want to add some effects with animation via a projector and wonder if anyone is doing this and, if so, what projector you are using, including any limitations. I don't know yet if I will want to project on a window from inside or do something on the exterior. Any thoughts or advice are gratefully accepted.
Hi and welcome aboard! One of the best things that I have found about HF is just about every question that I have ever had was usually covered (and sometimes really in depth) in a previous post :D

I honestly would start by doing a search for the word projector and start reading! You will see posts on the types of projectors to use, atmos effects, front vs rear projecting, What type of scrim or shower curtain works best, and projecting on everything from craft pumpkins to housemapping your entire house!

Sorry for the general answer, but there are soo many ways to go with a projector... The two limiting factors that I ahave experienced are usually imagination and budget.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,848 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard! One of the best things that I have found about HF is just about every question that I have ever had was usually covered (and sometimes really in depth) in a previous post :D

I honestly would start by doing a search for the word projector and start reading! You will see posts on the types of projectors to use, atmos effects, front vs rear projecting, What type of scrim or shower curtain works best, and projecting on everything from craft pumpkins to housemapping your entire house!

Sorry for the general answer, but there are soo many ways to go with a projector... The two limiting factors that I ahave experienced are usually imagination and budget.
This is good advice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Hallopois. I’m pretty new to HF, too, so welcome from a fellow newbie! We used a projector for the first time last year and it was a great success for amusing the freezing souls waiting in line outside. We’re planning to buy another for the 2nd upstairs window this year. We use a bog standard projector from Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GKT4CKS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) because we’re projecting inside against window, so we don’t need anything too fancy. We use it with a selection of AtmosFX projections. I’ll definitely be doing some more reading on this, so thank you spiney99 for the search tips.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts

Yep, ditto. There's enough info here to keep you busy reading for quite some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts