Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a projector that will work well on a budget. I am unsure exactly what that budget is but was hoping people may have a suggestion. I know it needs to be at least ~< $100. Unsure what I will do it (sad I know) but I am thinking of projecting a ghost into my fog and seeing how that looks. If nothing else I think I found a footprint generator awhile back that would be cool.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Craigslist will be your friend, none of the new sub $100 projectors are really suitable for a decent projection in anything else but a pitch black room indoors. With Craigslist you can at least preview the projectors before you buy unlike Ebay. You are best off with something at least 2000 lumens

·
Registered
139 Posts
I agree with Rich in this case. The smaller projectors are great for dark environments, but for projection on fog, you need a lot of firepower. This is Disney's attempt at it.... I'm SURE they are using a big bad projector for this. If you've seen this live, it's pretty cool but the slightest breeze upsets the projection. Then of course the projection is not in focus at any time. Find the highest Lumen office projector you can find on ebay. Under 100 bucks will get you one for sure. 2200 Lumen ones come up pretty often.

pirates.jpg

Here's a link to a ride through... check it out at about 6:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_tF7csepxM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts