Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a projector (free...yay!) but it has a very weak internal speaker and no audio output. What are my options, if any, to get sound?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was given a projector (free...yay!) but it has a very weak internal speaker and no audio output. What are my options, if any, to get sound?
You could use the new mediaplayer coming from AtmosFX or a Rasberry Pie with Kodi and get sound from that.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
You could use the new mediaplayer coming from AtmosFX or a Rasberry Pie with Kodi and get sound from that.
Neither of those devices, or any media player, are amplifiers. You still need an amplifier and speaker(s) to get sound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not planning to use a digital player. The projector has an sd slot and both HDMI and USB ports so was just planning to use one of those to play the video. Would using a digital player make the use of external speakers possible? I am not familiar with Raspberry Pie but will look into it. Thank you

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I was not planning to use a digital player. The projector has an sd slot and both HDMI and USB ports so was just planning to use one of those to play the video. Would using a digital player make the use of external speakers possible? I am not familiar with Raspberry Pie but will look into it. Thank you
If you use the projector built in SD card or USB drive and there isn't an "audio out" connection, you're not gonna be able use any additional speakers. If you use a separate device to play the video, you then have the option to connect the video to the projector and the audio to an amplifier and speakers. This is of coarse assuming there's a "video in" port on the projector. If the only "video in" port is the HDMI, you would need a special cable to extract the audio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have audio output for my projector but I run through my pc not sd or anything like that so I use a Bluetooth speaker (jbl) and that works great for me so if your set up is like that could be an option?

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you are willing to crack it open, you could solder in a headphone jack in place of the speaker, that would at least get you a dirty out. then keep the volume on the projector low and use powered computer speakers to pick up the slack.

you would have to play with different volume levels on the computer speakers and the projector to get the best balance (sound quality).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts