Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I bought three projectors off of Amazon for a pretty good price even though they're older models and one didn't come with the sheet.. but anyway, my question is this. I planned to do some of the atmosFX window projections but was worried the sound wouldn't be heard outside when trick or treaters come up. Pretty sure none of the projectors are bluetooth enabled either but would it be possible to make them compatible with bluetooth and maybe link them outside on a speaker? Or what other options would ya'll suggest?

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
582 Posts
If they have an audio jack (3.5mm) there are a variety of plug in bluetooth transmitters available from $5-$75 depending on how fancy you want. I have a couple sets of old PC speakers and some extension cables that do the trick with some of the other items I do. depends what you have, and what you are willing to spend.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I do window projections and I just use computer speakers also. They are plenty loud enough; in fact, I have to worry about to much noise cross contamination. I have several props or scenes that have speakers and I have to be careful that I don't put them to close together so they overlap each other.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey everyone, so I bought three projectors off of Amazon for a pretty good price even though they're older models and one didn't come with the sheet.. but anyway, my question is this. I planned to do some of the atmosFX window projections but was worried the sound wouldn't be heard outside when trick or treaters come up. Pretty sure none of the projectors are bluetooth enabled either but would it be possible to make them compatible with bluetooth and maybe link them outside on a speaker? Or what other options would ya'll suggest?
SATX, Thanks for posting this question, I want some suggestions too. I just purchased 2 atmosFX dvds. I am looking for one more projector, would you mind telling me what ones you purchased? I want one with at least 3000 lumens.

·
Registered
33 Posts
SATX, Thanks for posting this question, I want some suggestions too. I just purchased 2 atmosFX dvds. I am looking for one more projector, would you mind telling me what ones you purchased? I want one with at least 3000 lumens.
I'd recommend checking out Craigslist for projectors. Usually, you can find cheap ones suitable for window AtmosFX for fairly cheap. Personally, we got a Epson 83 Powerlite that works extremely well for window for only $100 a few years ago: https://epson.com/For-Work/Projectors/Meeting-Room/PowerLite-83+-Multimedia-Projector/p/V11H303020. If you're doing window projections, I've found that you don't need a full 3,000 lumens to still get very strong performance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an epson tw650 and a benq 1070W. Both perform amazingly on picture quality.

The benq has an audio output from the projector, but the epson doesn't.
So check you have an output from your projector to just plug a set of computer speakers straight in.
If you don't then you will have to take the audio from the source.

On a side note are you doing hollusions? If you are, save your money on the atmos fx projection material and just use a piece of dark grey chiffon. For a 2m×3.5m piece of chiffon it's £3.50 sterling for the atmos £45.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If they have an audio jack (3.5mm) there are a variety of plug in bluetooth transmitters available from $5-$75 depending on how fancy you want. I have a couple sets of old PC speakers and some extension cables that do the trick with some of the other items I do. depends what you have, and what you are willing to spend.
https://www.amazon.com/TROND-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=sr_1_7?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1532812877&sr=1-7&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter&refinements=p_72:1248879011

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just bought a projector from Amazon. I have been looking for awhile and this one seems amazing for the price, though I haven't received it yet. It is new and It is a Bnest 3200 lumins with contrast ration 2000:1 and native resolution 1280/800. It was $60 with free shipping. It also has vertical keystone correction. It also has a 3.5mm audio jack. There is a video review at Amazon and it looks great. 8 user ratings were all 5 star.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought a projector from Amazon. I have been looking for awhile and this one seems amazing for the price, though I haven't received it yet. It is new and It is a Bnest 3200 lumins with contrast ration 2000:1 and native resolution 1280/800. It was $60 with free shipping. It also has vertical keystone correction. It also has a 3.5mm audio jack. There is a video review at Amazon and it looks great. 8 user ratings were all 5 star.
I hope you get what you want but trust me... you will not get a new 3200 lumen projector for $60. Units from China are notorious for over claiming specs. Good luck though.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
You may be right

RELOAD may be right because it does seem too good to be true. When I get it and try it out I will post the outcome. I really wanted two projectors, one for window projection and one for the pumpkin faces from Atmosfx so even if the one I bought isn't quite 3200, it should be ok for the window projection. Also, I am not sure if a contrast ratio of 2000:1 is good enough for the pumpkins anyway, so I will see. I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, thanks for the tip on using computer speakers everyone. Hadn't even thought of that before for some reason, lol.:eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only info I have on the projector I bought is in my post. It was a Bnest projector advertised as 3200 lumins. In contrast to the WindowFX projectors, the Bnest will play DVDs and connect through HDMI and VGA among others. Also, the video review lets you see how well it projects. Not sure about the through ratio but I think the recommended distance was something like 10 feet but you should check if you need a short through projector. Also the bulb life of the Windows FX was stated to be about 2000 hours which is short for most of the projectors I have seen and probably means it is not LED.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last year I ran my Atmos FX projections off my laptop connected to the projector with two speakers at the open end of the garage. The sound was pretty good and the kids stuck around to watch the Skeleton Band and Dancers. Some of the kids actually sat down in the driveway to watch the show and didn't want to leave. I ran the projector from behind the screen onto a plastic drop cloth hung on pvc connected to the open garage door about 6 feet from the open doorway. Trying to decide how to top that for 2018 :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Nurseyboo. Unfortunately I don't have a garage. BTW does anyone have first hand experience with the Atmosfx pumpkins? Any tips would be appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts