Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, last year was my first year for using a projector in our annual backyard haunt. I have the projector and a screen that I was able to hide well. I purchased a few of the atmosfx files (very cool). People loved it but I was a little disappointed with the scare factor. I have been reading about the sprite media player and its triggerable feature which would be perfect for the jump scare I was hoping for. Unfortunately these bad boys are a hundred dollars and up. I was curious if anyone knows of a way to achieve the same results for less money. Any help I could get in this area would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I used a 4K media player and wired a relay to a HDTV remote. When the PIR triggers it turns the HDTV on and it automatically starts playing the video files. I did this with the Haunted Portrait from Atmos. I have only used this on a TV though, on a projector it is a little bit more involved as you have to go into the directory and select the files. It can be done with multiple relays but you mine as well invest in a Sprite for easier functionality.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a 4K media player and wired a relay to a HDTV remote. When the PIR triggers it turns the HDTV on and it automatically starts playing the video files. I did this with the Haunted Portrait from Atmos. I have only used this on a TV though, on a projector it is a little bit more involved as you have to go into the directory and select the files. It can be done with multiple relays but you mine as well invest in a Sprite for easier functionality.
Industen, Thanks for the response. Your setup sounds pretty cool. It looks like the sprite can't be beat. The price is high for me but less money than some others I have seen. I did see something where a guy did it with a raspberry pi, but I am unfamiliar with using them so maybe I will just have to bite the bullet and get a sprite. Now my wife will want one for her projector in the front yard. She takes care of the front of the house and I handle the haunted house we set up in my garage through the backyard. I like the idea of the haunted portrait too I will start researching and maybe I can pull that off too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have quite a haunt! I would love to see pics!
Hey Trinity, thanks for the response I will see if I can get some pics Goin but I am a little old school with the cell phone tech, so I did not take any pictures personally as my phone was being used for scary music cast over the stereo. I will see if anybody has some for me I know some people took pics and video. I will get back to you soon. So did you take the blue pill or the red pill, oh and watch out for agent smith.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts