Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So did you shoot everything yourself, or did you use ssome stock footage? You've got me very interested in trying this. hehe :)
Everything is original. My teeth, my eye, my family as ghosts, my face as the pumpkins... It's just the easiest way :D. (the grizzly footprints I found on the web actually). It is all black light/high contrast photography with keying.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would love to do this. I am technologically challenged however. But someone tell me, what could I do to get a similar look by using what I have and DO know how to use, a video camera, a slide projector, and we also have an old 8mm projector that was my parents. I absolutely love the singing pumpkins, but I do not own a computer projector. Thanks!
Lilly

·
Registered
78 Posts
Odd, the link works for me today. On another note, this thread have me an idea. I setup my projector to display my countdown sign. It is projecting from the back onto a white sheet hung over an upstairs window. I then whipped together a couple of powerpoint slides on a continuous loop. Thanks datbates!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love to do this. I am technologically challenged however. But someone tell me, what could I do to get a similar look by using what I have and DO know how to use, a video camera, a slide projector, and we also have an old 8mm projector that was my parents. I absolutely love the singing pumpkins, but I do not own a computer projector. Thanks!
Lilly
I have wanted to do the pumpkins forever (used to do a pro haunted house in 88), but sound film was always way too expensive to produce. The video projector fixed all that finally!! Anyway, slide projectors are cool, as are super 8 ones, just no synched sound (easily). You really should consider buying a video projector. My wife was easily sold on the home theater aspects of it so it wasn't that big of a leap.... You can get good ones for $799 now days. Mine was only $899 when I bought it at costco.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a projector as well but pretty much a novice on a computer what kind of software did you use to create the ghosts and footsteps?

·
Registered
223 Posts
datbates, what program did you use to create your effect in?

Do you run it off of the computer for the effect or do you burn
it to DVD and use a player?

·
Registered
166 Posts
My slow, quick and dirty website is hosted at my house, so I hesitate to post it here, but here goes... http://haunts.batesbunch.com. If you would like more info, email me. Please don't post this website at youtube ;).

The song is mine, and you can download it from there.
Hi Datbates. Hate to add to the flood of questions and all but did your site crash? I can't get to it. Is there anywhere else we can download your great pumpkin song?

Thanks for logging on here and sharing your skills. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
datbates what software did you use to do the video? And how many different videos is it? How did you make the ghosts fly? I am very interested in this. I have many questions please email me directly!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts