Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do the singing pumpkins with a projector outside.
I was wondering what is the minimum number of lumens that I could use.
I was looking at a pico projector that has 50 to 100 lm and wondering if that was sufficient.
Has anyone done the projected pumpkins and if so how many lumens did they find sufficient

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've used one of those Wonderwall / Lightblast projectors for my singing pumpkin display a couple of years now with decent results. These little toy projectors MAY have a 5 lumen output at best, so your idea should work very well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm using a 3M projector with, if I remember correctly, 65 lumens.

This was shot just around dusk to give you an idea of the ambient lighting:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The projector we got ended up being roughly 80 lumens, and is MORE than bright enough. Easily visible in room light, as long as you're not trying to throw the image 50 feet or anything.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought an EyeClops Mini Projector off Amazon Aug of 2013 for $95 which worked just fine for AtmosFEARfx singing pumpkins in front yard.
You have to shop around and wait for sales!

Overstock has the stage3 lightblast for $74 and the EyeClops ... well it's outrageous the price Amazon is looking to get now, although I did see one for $69.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can't answer the lumen question but I suggest checking out ebay for projectors. You can find some for $60-$70. Some look like they are less but you have to check the shipping price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts