Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...other than the Hallowindow DVD does anyone know of other options for projection, preferably that you can download (effects, clips etc)...other than full movies like Friday the 13th etc as I have those.

Still thinking about getting Hallowindow, just want to look at all my options.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey all...other than the Hallowindow DVD does anyone know of other options for projection, preferably that you can download (effects, clips etc)...other than full movies like Friday the 13th etc as I have those.

Still thinking about getting Hallowindow, just want to look at all my options.
Take a look around Youtube. I found quite a few there last year and put them together to run when I wasn't around to operate my digital puppet. YouTube - The Magic Mirror
The digital puppet was a big hit.
ImaginEERIEing : Digital Puppetry for Home and Pro Halloween Haunts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have all of those, the mirror, pumpkin etc but would rather use my PJ in the garage this yr using video.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You can find a bunch of short clips on youtube and run them together with editting software. Then, just burn it to a DVD or run it from a PC.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still looking...please continue to give ideas if you all have any...there can't be only ONE dvd for this...or clips or something.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm...having some more luck now. found some videos searching for halloween video loop or stock footage

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice..one of those might work..gonna grab it and see, as the image would be 16:9 approx 130inch diag or more.

I found some AWESOME ones on istockphoto but they want too much $$

Trying to think of parts of movies I can use\edit and make my own DVD if needed...any ideas? I thought some parts from SAW, and Friday 13th (original)....I like the creapy outdoor\woods etc scenes as it fits my house. SAW would work well if I project from the garage....I'll take any suggestions :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL well just some of the creepy warehouse scenes cut out and ediited together....not all the gore etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
look into the experiments in terror dvds. really good collection of random clips that range from odd to down right crazy...all presented in a rather artful way. i use an lcd projector to display the clips while my 7 hour playlist of all halloween related tunes blast through a pa system. really kicks up the party vibe!

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
I went to party city 3 days ago and they had projection dvds. They had over 12 titles to choose from (including fortune teller, haunted house, and mad scientist, and lighting effects)
The dvds were only 49 cents each and they had lots of stock on hand. Each video was over 30 minutes long.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Here's a few for free from Backyardtheatre.com forum. There's really cool floating candelabras, curtains with glowing eyes, 2 different flying ghosts and one with "Happy Halloween".

Just read through this forum thread and look for & download the videos he lists with the higher resollutions (i believe he made them avail in 720P):

Halloween Window Projection Ideas - Backyard Theater Forums

1 - 17 of 17 Posts