Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use my window fx in the big picture window we have on the first floor but only about 5 feet from window to wall. Someone mentioned using a mirror in small spaces, does this work,well and what size mirror do I need to do this. Also where is the placement of the mirror to be able to show the image on the window.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have never done this, but you will need a mirror that is equal to the size of the projection. That is, if your projector at say 2 feet give you an image about the size of a laptop screen, then you need a a mirror that size other wise only part of the image will be reflected. If I where you I would see what mirrors you already have and see whether you image is large enough to fill the window after hittig the mirror with the image filling the mirror. If it is too big, move the projector closer till the reflected image is the right size. If it is tool small, then get a bigger mirror.

It really is a case of trial and error as we dont know what projector you have (and that may not help us) the size of your window (and what shape it is) or any other limiting factors.

So when its dark, give it a whirl, have a play inside till you are happy then ho and see what it looks like outside.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes sense I guess I have to see the projection first. I bought the fear fx decorating kit, the window is probably 3H x 4 or 5 L, we do have a smaller window upstairs which is probably 4H x 2L.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I would like to use my window fx in the big picture window we have on the first floor but only about 5 feet from window to wall. Someone mentioned using a mirror in small spaces, does this work,well and what size mirror do I need to do this. Also where is the placement of the mirror to be able to show the image on the window.
The mirror needs to be at a 45 degree angle to the window. The projector will be placed off to the side and aimed at the mirror. The farther away from the window you can place the mirror, the smaller the mirror size needs to be. For example, if you need 10' of space to get your target projection size and you can place the mirror 5' away from the window, the mirror would need to be half the size of your window and the projector would be 5' away from the mirror.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you tried in some other room to see what distance the projector needs to be at in order to produce the size you need to get the window coverage you desire? I am sure you done need too much more throw distance than the 5 feet you are currently stuck with.
I suggest you determine the throw length first... If the length is about 8' for that size, than you simply need and additional 3 feet of throw distance in that room. Then all you need to do is set the projector somewhere about 3 feet from the wall OPPOSITE the window, point the projector at said opposite wall and using a relatively small mirror (guessing about 30 x 36) should give you more than enough size out of that projector. The projector could be on the floor and using the proper angles of the projector and mirror should be perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts