Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been cleaning out the basement for a month and I came to realize that some of my clutter is from leftovers - You know... You buy for a project and then.. somehow there is leftovers -not enough for a whole new project but you can't bring yourself to just throw things out. I am going to continue to post over the weekend the leftovers in the hope that someone wants something. Free to the asking - Would appreciate being reimbursed for shipping.
I encourage others to post their leftovers as well, should anyone have any.

Item #1 Message bottles -
Originally purchased from sandsscripts.com for a project last year, i bought 60, used 50. Have ten left. If you look up message bottles medium it measures approx 2.13" diameter, approx 9.0" high the neck opening is approx 3/4" diameter, includes cork

Uses ? Potion bottles ? Sand art? Scavenger hunt?Robinson Caruso stag party?
Anyone interested ? I hate throwing stuff out.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
I hate that. Try to make something, need two inches of whatever it is, have to buy 5 yards. Never find a use for the rest, so it sits around for 3 generations until your great grand kids throw it away...at least that's the way it works around here. Good plan here - let somebody else find a use for this stuff.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Item#2 Foam Skull
Originally purchased from http://www.costumeshop.us.com for a burial site are in pirate hunt I held in a local county park. I bought 40. They were part of an end of day favor, so I don’t even know why I have this guy left. Rotted, authentic look skull with string attached for easy hanging. 1 to 1 full scale skull

Uses? Tribal theme, Scavenger hunt, Skull Collector

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Item#3 Celebrate It® ,miniature Halloween ball decoration
Originally purchased 12 packages from Michaels Craft Store for a component in my Sleepy Hallow dessert display I have 2 unopened packages left.

Uses? Table decoration? Stacked in a small bowl instead of candy?

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Item #4 Partylite Golden Leaves 3 Tier Votive Candle Holder Brown & Gold
Originally purchased 24 for wedding centerpieces. Same Story, I have 1 left. One. I also have 1 of the smaller holders that match.

Uses? Spray paint it black for Victorian feel?

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Item#5 Pile-o- plastic bats
Originally purchased for an “authentic-looking backcave” in a Halloween Scavenger hunt for the kids. Bats are sooooooo 2011.

Uses? Bat Cave? Halloween Hallway Bat Invasion?

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Item#6 Charlie Brown Paint Pail with Halloween TY babies
Originally purchased 24 pails for kids Halloween party favor. I have 1 pail left. Originally purchased 80 TY Halloween plush babies, I have 6 left and they are ADORABLE in my opinion and deserve a good home (you’d think it was a puppy) LOL

Uses? Party prize filled with goodies ? hand out to a few kids in addition to candy??

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Item # 7 Target Metal Halloween Pails.
Originally purchased 50 for a Halloween party in 2011 (three pails stacked in picture). Had 12 left over. So the following year I went back to target. Their new pail was bigger and has a matt paint finish – I bought 40 to use for 2012. I have 6 pails left.

Uses? Favor Pail? Decoration? Candy Give away? Door Prize?

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you :) and I just started. I have just as much or more leftovers from other holidays, but i wont flood it here. Maybe i will start a thread in the non Halloween section.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Item#10 Brass Grommets
Originally purchased 8 packages as a trial for a project –I Also purchased the die set for by hand installation. After 1 night of my hammering on the floor - hubby asked just how many were ‘we’ planning on doing for this project?. I said I think I need to install 500 grommets, but it’s a work in progress…. He quietly walked away and ordered a TEP-3 Grommet machine to be overnighted.

Uses? Quick way to make curtain swags, also helpful for Pirate sails…

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts