Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
Oooo....CRAP.

This is one I want to get in on, yet it was a project I had penciled in for next year.

Not that I couldn't use a cauldron THIS year, and I already have a 75 gallon barrel I was going to mutilate into one (yes 75 gallon, massive wine barrel, side of the road find)...and I already have 90% of the requisite parts for the stirring mechanism collected from yard sales...

You just might see me work on this come June.

·
Super Moderator
5,662 Posts
Since we're not supposed to comment in the other thread...

So, what price are we looking at for the wiper motors?

And, would we do a group buy for power supplies as well, or are you talking of buying ones that come wired for AC?

I could need a dozen of them myself, if the price is right.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I haven't got the price yet but will soon right now there about 15 bucks plus AC adpater.The group buy I'm going to have AC adpater and motor in the group buy.Yes you could use a garbage can but the large tubs that look like a big flower pot are only about 10.00 I'll post a pic on the how to page.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
How many people have gone cheap and made it with a garbage can(rubber) Anyone, and made it look good?
Part of the fun of prop building is thinking outside of the box so to speak. I think my cauldron was a smoker before I made it a cauldron. I was in a hurry to finish the prop so mine isn't that elaborate, but it worked in a pinch. Plus it was free. If you go on Craigslist or just start looking around and use your imagination it is amazing what you can come up with. So I am assuming with a little imagination a plastic garbage can could look awesome. My witch isn't nearly as cool as most of the ones on this forum, but I like to put it out there as an example of what you can make for $1.99(I broke down and bought a hat because I ran out of time).

This is a little video of my witch before I got the hands and neck done(I lost my video of her when she was done from Halloween night). But in the pic above she has her hands and neck.

YouTube - witch new

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
I didn't use a garbage can but I did make it cheap...55 gallon plastic barrel from Craigslist - $15.

Although now this "rain barrel" thing is all the rage and everyone has jacked their prices up to $55-$75 for a stupid barrel...

-EEric
My dad is the cheapest most frugal guy on the planet and he actually went out and paid 50 bucks for a rain barrel for my mom. I think he is getting senile. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
As I would be more than happy to offer the motors to the whole forum, it's my understanding from monster guts that this group buy is for people making this project.what they do with them after the buy well.....:)

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
I may do this project eventually but it wouldn't work for me this year but I'm interested in a couple of wiper motors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am a little late to the party, but it doesn't look like much has happened lately on the instruction side. Any movement on the group buy of the motors?

·
crossfit zombie
7,457 Posts
Part of the fun of prop building is thinking outside of the box so to speak. I think my cauldron was a smoker before I made it a cauldron. I was in a hurry to finish the prop so mine isn't that elaborate, but it worked in a pinch. Plus it was free. If you go on Craigslist or just start looking around and use your imagination it is amazing what you can come up with. So I am assuming with a little imagination a plastic garbage can could look awesome. My witch isn't nearly as cool as most of the ones on this forum, but I like to put it out there as an example of what you can make for $1.99(I broke down and bought a hat because I ran out of time).

This is a little video of my witch before I got the hands and neck done(I lost my video of her when she was done from Halloween night). But in the pic above she has her hands and neck.

YouTube - witch new
Love your witch she is displayed wonderfully.Did you use the same motor to turn her head?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

YouTube - witch new
Thank you!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
My wife insisted that I build a stirring witch this year. She twisted my arm until I gave in and agreed to do it (yeah, right...). I've been scanning the various how-to's out there, and I'll be jumping in here once I get started.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts