Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project: the Hearse

Start Date: This is a project that will start in May or June. We are posting it early due to the size & cost of construction so members will at least know it is on the schedule. This project is a 1st time build for this instructor so he will have the students join him as he builds his 1st one.

This will also be an ongoing class that will run along side 2 other projects & this class will not have a definate date set as to when it will be finished because we know its gonna take a bit of time to build a project of this size.

Instructor: GD Freak

Materials List: A materials list will be posted sometime in May or June as he is working on it.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Alright still coming together with materials list, I keep adding and taking stuff out of it. I created a photobucket page with a nuimber of photos of diffrent style hearses. So go look at these and take some ideas from them. It's always fun to pull ideas from many styles and throw them together! Also if you have some good pictures of Hearses please send em through a PM to me so I can upload them on the account.

Thanks-
GDfreak (Travis)

Link:
Hearses pictures by bloodyhatchet5 - Photobucket

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,751 Posts
I would love to make one of these but is there a way to get an estimated cost amount? That way I can see if its within my budget... I would appreciate it!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
I would love to make one of these but is there a way to get an estimated cost amount? That way I can see if its within my budget... I would appreciate it!

Hubby and I built a hearse that is fully store-able. It breaks down into sections and was relatively inexpensive, if you consider that pre-built professional ones are in the thousands. Visit my profile and in the Albums there are several photos that take you through our process. We managed everything for under $400. and eeeked it out of our budget over a few months. I know we could have done it for even less if we had been more skilled - but the Forum prop gurus really inspired us.
You can search for other hearses in the Forum and several members have built some beauties. Evil Bob's class in April should be awesome! Hope you can participate. And good luck with your new hearse project!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Where to start. . . my maze of albums. . .

I looked and all I saw were cartoons from Scott N. :) and a suit of armor, did I miss it?

oops sorry, didnt see the "show all albums"....never mind :)
Hallow Scott N. ! Hope you made your way through the pages to find the beginning of our hearse project. It is a pain to comb through it all - but I hope it was worth it.

By now - you probably found you have to go backwards to get at the beginning ( must be a sort of Alice in Wonderland approach to posting pics in albums! lol) Anyway - the very first pic is the pallet we started with. It is on the second page of albums and the second page of the photos in album one. Go figure. . .:rolleyes:

This is the first photo - sorry if it all gets a bit overwhelming. . . chalk it up to "newbie enthusiasm!"

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
I gotta get in gear with this. I have some ideas for this project. I want to do a couple of different designs that will satisfy those who want to do a cheap version and those who want something more elaborate. In the next month or so I'll post some drawings and maybe an estimated cost sheet. I want to make prototypes so I can be accurate.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Fence fun!!

Hey HallowSusieBoo! Ive got that fence!
Hallow EB!!
Don'tcha love that fence?! We started collecting the fence panels at sales over the past few seasons and we keep needing more. I blame the Forum for teaching us about making headstones! LOL I tell MysterE he wont need any fence at my real grave someday - just use the Halloween panels! :D Thankfully it's lightweight and stores easily. A big factor for us.
Our graveyard is growing like crazy - now it is hard to find matching fence styles - so we are mixing in a few that look to be made by the same company but with a different pattern. THey are the same height and have the same attachments.
Naturally - after spending all that $$ for fencing - I later see how to "make your own" on Halloween Forum using everything from pallets to PVC!!
Oh well - I guess that leaves more pallets for coffins and window boards! :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts