Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be doing a biiiiig build this year, pirate theme. I really better get started. I know I had found a program that enlarged things all the same percentage. I saved it somewhere. I've been looking for it and googling. Do you think I can find it???? No!!! I have a pattern for a pirate ship I can use. If I could find that program, it would really speed things up. Does anyone know of a program that does this? Looking for one that can enlarge from inches to feet (insert jokes here 馃槣馃槀)

I know there's a program that does it. I found it accidentally at one time. Now I can't find it again. It enlarges all pattern pieces the same amount. Does anyone know of such a program?

Registered
This sounds like a joke, but a program called rasterbator enlarges an image to poster size and then divides it up so you can print on multiple normal size pages to print it out and tape them together. I think it's free also

Registered
There is also a downloadable program called PosteRazor which is what I use. (PosteRazor - Make your own poster!)

Along with Rasterbator there is another online one called Block Posters (Block Posters). I just didn't like it because when I looked at it you had to pay to upload a large image. I assume that's still the case.

There are probably others if you google "Block poster maker". Most modern printers will also block printing. Mine does but I've never been able to figure out how to make it work.

Registered
You can do a limited version of this in MS Excel. Paste it as a picture, select and right click - go to picture properties and set your size, making sure the keep ratio button is selected.
To print it out, save it as a .pdf and use Adobe to print it as a poster. I've done this for some tombstones and signs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This sounds like a joke, but a program called rasterbator enlarges an image to poster size and then divides it up so you can print on multiple normal size pages to print it out and tape them together. I think it's free also
So many things about my post sound like or could lead into jokes for sure馃槈 This sounds awesome!!!! Thanks soooo much!!! I really appreciate it. Also was provided the link below by a member from another group. You're both beyond wonderful!!!! Either of These will work I think. Total game changer for those that want to build facades. Should speed the process up a lot. Thanks again for your help鉂

Registered
Actually Microsoft Publisher will allow you you to create a mosaic for very large prints. It's installed in the office bundle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually Microsoft Publisher will allow you you to create a mosaic for very large prints. It's installed in the office bundle.
Thanks so much :) I'll have to check into that. I also got a reply from a member in a Halloween group that knew the program I was talking about. My challenges will be how to print or get the enlarged pattern on the styrofoam boards. Not a lot I've found on the subject. But I know people have a process, because I see soo many awesome builds馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is also a downloadable program called PosteRazor which is what I use. (PosteRazor - Make your own poster!)

Along with Rasterbator there is another online one called Block Posters (Block Posters). I just didn't like it because when I looked at it you had to pay to upload a large image. I assume that's still the case.

There are probably others if you google "Block poster maker". Most modern printers will also block printing. Mine does but I've never been able to figure out how to make it work.
Thank you so much. I appreciate all the programs you've told me about. I work in IT, but shoot, if you don't put the exact right words in the search engine, you don't get the results you're looking for. I'm hoping my "simplified" idea will work. Enlarge 3d puzzle piece images of pirate ship. Then put together. Voila', right??? Why do I feel like, nope, it's not going to go that smoothly at all, 馃槅

Registered
The free Adobe PDF viewer has the ability to enlarge, and will tile things that are too large for your printer. Also, Staples will print (I think) up to 34" wide from a roll of paper. Normally used for blueprints, but might serve your purpose and save you some taping of pages together.

_Joe

Registered
鈥淢y challenges will be how to print or get the enlarged pattern on the styrofoam boards.鈥

I鈥檝e used a projector to transfer large images to styrofoam and then tracing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The free Adobe PDF viewer has the ability to enlarge, and will tile things that are too large for your printer. Also, Staples will print (I think) up to 34" wide from a roll of paper. Normally used for blueprints, but might serve your purpose and save you some taping of pages together.

_Joe
Thanks so much. Maybe I'll have to see if "Doug and Melissa" will be willing to sign a release form. I'm sure it's copy righted. I appreciate the suggestion馃槂

Registered
I'm going to be doing a biiiiig build this year, pirate theme. I really better get started. I know I had found a program that enlarged things all the same percentage. I saved it somewhere. I've been looking for it and googling. Do you think I can find it???? No!!! I have a pattern for a pirate ship I can use. If I could find that program, it would really speed things up. Does anyone know of a program that does this? Looking for one that can enlarge from inches to feet (insert jokes here 馃槣馃槀)

I know there's a program that does it. I found it accidentally at one time. Now I can't find it again. It enlarges all pattern pieces the same amount. Does anyone know of such a program?
So this is def archaic compared to your awesome tech-savvy selves, lol.. But I kick it old skool
I bought a cheap projector (like the kind your teacher drug in when you were in 2nd grade, rockin them Vis-A-Vis) and use that for enlarging literally everything,.
There鈥檚 a pro that uses this method for creating accurate star 鈥渕aps鈥 on ceilings for high end clients w/home theaters to baby rooms

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, that's awesome!!! So, it sounds like I would place the print outs together to form 1 large print, correct? That sounds like what I could use. I'm doing a happy dance馃拑

Registered
Oh, that's awesome!!! So, it sounds like I would place the print outs together to form 1 large print, correct? That sounds like what I could use. I'm doing a happy dance馃拑
I basically divides the image in to 8.5" X 11" pieces. You just trim and tape them all together to make much larger sizes. I use it all the time for my projects. For big items it can be a little tedious trimming and taping all those pages, but it's so worth it to have a good template!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can do a limited version of this in MS Excel. Paste it as a picture, select and right click - go to picture properties and set your size, making sure the keep ratio button is selected.
To print it out, save it as a .pdf and use Adobe to print it as a poster. I've done this for some tombstones and signs.
Thank you so much!!! I have so many different ways to try thanks to all of you wonderful creative people that have experience with this. And I have time to see what works for me. You're the best鉂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I basically divides the image in to 8.5" X 11" pieces. You just trim and tape them all together to make much larger sizes. I use it all the time for my projects. For big items it can be a little tedious trimming and taping all those pages, but it's so worth it to have a good template!
Thank you, I appreciate you letting me know how you do it馃槃

1 - 16 of 16 Posts