Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to fix their Demonica prop from Spirit. My girlfriend bought it for her
son. He is really careful with all his props,, I reattached a belt on the bottom base but
now she rises up and her head tilts one direction
and she binds up. It seems like a sensor isn't telling her to return back down.
Thanks for reading.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,484 Posts

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Mine bit the dust on year 2. She would go up when you reset her, but not down. Then if you pushed her down she wouldn't do anything else. I hope I can get her working. She was very popular.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i bought mine that was a store display and it was not working, They told me that an "o ring" was all it needed, so i replaced the oring, it did not work properly because it had too much tension, tried several sizes and found one that worked well. Have not had a problem since i replaced it 2 years ago. Sorry i don't know what size it was, I had a pack of various sizes from Home Depot, so my suggestion is get a pack of orings and start testing different sizes

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for responding. I will check out different O rings thanks for the great idea.
Today my niece came over and we checked voltage and their wasn't any going to the motor in the
head and no bone crunching noises so further testing is my plan.
Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Take a look up in the head area. Most problems come from the wires coming off the connection points. Instead of soldering, they hot glue the connections. My Demonica head would not tilt back when I got her and then when I looked, a wire had come loose. Easy fix. Also the first years demonica was more troublesome than the following year. Hope you get it sorted.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
believe it or not I had the same issue, seemed to be the batterys, I bought the power supply and have no further issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts