Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else picked up the Gothic Haunted Mansion 15199? We took one home and plugged it in. Looks great, but when we turned the volume all the way down, just to have the lights with no sound, there was an annoying high pitched squeal. It was there with the sound up, just harder to hear. We took it back to Michael's and unboxed and tested another. Same noise. Even the display model had the noise.
Pity because this was our favorite one this year but we can't stand to listen to that squeal for a month. Anyone else notice this? Did Lemax QA fall asleep on the job?

·
Registered
612 Posts
A lot of Spooky Town stuff does stuff like that. It's how the motion is created. No clue how to get rid of it. I just learn to live with the combined squeaking, squealing, and creaking that happens when I don't want a migraine-inducing overture of various clashing haunt sounds going off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A lot of Spooky Town stuff does stuff like that. It's how the motion is created.
This piece doesnt have motion.

I just picked this one up saturday and didnt notice this sound when i tested it, I'll have to check again. I'll deff keep it tho, its a really creepy piece. I was on the fence about getting it, but Im glad i did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just picked up one of these Gothic Haunted Mansion pieces. It's a really cool piece. Unfortunately it has the same noise issue. Im hoping the sound from my tv will drown it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts