Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this cool prop this Halloween. Its a zombie/ghoul who appears to be crawling out of the ground, his head and one arm. In his hand he holds an old fashioned looking lantern that is also solar powered and lights up at night. I set this fellow up a little over a week ago and much to my dismay the other night the light is no longer lighting up. :( Any suggestions? My hubby looked it over and all wires seemed ok. I guess I'm going to have to send it back to where I bought it from which is going to be a pain in the butt since it was bought online at a US site and I'm in Canada. :confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have you tried replacing the battery? They are usually a "AA" shaped rechargable battery you can get at a hardware store in the solar light section. I've had to replace a few on my outdoor lights over the years. You might take the old one with you, as I believe there are a few different types.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Agreed, I'd first check the battery, then the LED which you can usually replace as they die out over time. If those don't work, you could either send it back, or if you're handy, just replace the electronic parts by hand.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the suggestions. I will definitely look into the battery. Hopefully it works...its a brand new prop. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts