Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be posted elsewhere. I couldn't find anything so here goes. I love pro haunts and have been visiting them for over 20 years,which guess kinda dates me but oh well. I have traveled state to state to all the top haunts. Can't list them all, some have been great and others a waste of time. My favorites have been Netherworld, Baxter Street Morgue,Talon Falls and more that i won't bore you with. My question is who else goes to these haunts and what are your favorites.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I love haunts but dont get to go much. My favorite is Indy Scream Park in Anderson Indiana. Its 5 haunts for 1 price. Cool part is they have a Monster midway in the middle that sales food, beer, drinks and souvenirs. They have performers in costume running around you can get pics with and artist to draw zombiefied pics of you. Pretty cool all around.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Since you're from Kentucky, I believe you're referring to the Baxter Avenue Morgue. Went to it with my son about 10 years ago, would never go back. They let way too many people in at a time, so those in back only heard screams, never got to experience any scares and the whole thing was rushed. Was without a doubt, the worst haunted attraction I've ever been too, both myself and my son were disappointed with it. Maybe your experience was better or they've made positive changes over the years.

My favorites in this area would be Grim Trails and Field of Screams. There are several here in Louisville I've never been to but I'm planning on going to at least one or two soon when they open for the season.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Going to Darkness and Creepyworld in St.Louis: www,scarefest.com
Went last year and Creepyworld was better. Went to Lemp Brewery too, but I thought it sucked. It does the "real haunted house" gimmick, but it's nearly the same as The Darkness, but way too dark to even see any props. I went a week before Halloween and on Halloween, which was a huge mistake. This time, I plan on going in early October.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since you're from Kentucky, I believe you're referring to the Baxter Avenue Morgue. Went to it with my son about 10 years ago, would never go back. They let way too many people in at a time, so those in back only heard screams, never got to experience any scares and the whole thing was rushed. Was without a doubt, the worst haunted attraction I've ever been too, both myself and my son were disappointed with it. Maybe your experience was better or they've made positive changes over the years.

My favorites in this area would be Grim Trails and Field of Screams. There are several here in Louisville I've never been to but I'm planning on going to at least one or two soon when they open for the season.
You are correct. You should try the danger run it is a blast and field of screams is a ton of fun

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Last winter some pro-haunters traveled from the west coast to the state of Wisconsin. They told me they had seen something like? 75 Haunts?
The Wisconsin man drove West to pick up his haunter friend who just flew in from the Far East where he has been building a Haunt.
By the time they got to The Ravens Grin I am sure somebody in the group thought they had "Seen -it-All" but they found out they had NOT!

When I told them how often someone's GPS looking for this house can often take them to a 1940 multiple murder scene three blocks away, which has a strong "connection" to this house, the old "Fan" of my place said his GPS was trying to take him in that same direction several times over the years that he has been coming here.
Yes, this is a "Haunted", Haunted House.
Ravens Grin Inn Mount Carroll, ILL. OPEN almost every night for 29 years, plus sat& Sun. afternoons.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I know it's sort of ridiculous but I am a big chicken when it comes to being scared, so my DH (Matt) is the one who likes that sort of thing. He hasn't been to many pro haunts around here but he has liked Frightland in Delaware, which has something like 8 areas/haunted attractions to see.

He's been trying to get to Bates Motel for 3 years now but he'd like to go with his brothers and they always wait until the last minute & schedules book up so they're never able to coordinate. This year, I am calling DH's brothers about a month EARLY and am booking a date for them all as a surprise to DH so that he does not miss out again. I am going to see if they can all do the VIP experience, but I can't buy tickets for all of them at that level, so we'll see.

http://frightland.com/

http://thebatesmotel.com/

We are also pretty close to the Eastern Penitentiary in Philly, home to Terror Behind the Walls. I think DH has been there back before we met - one of DH's brothers was an actor there one year.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Factory of Terror - Canton, OH (one of the longest walk throughs ever) Great props, actors, scenery. Love it - best haunt I've been to so far.
Haunted School House & Laboratory - Akron, OH Two separate haunts. Both amazing! The Laboratory has a giant working Tesla Coil that you walk around! Great scenery. A cemetary with real dirt. A room that tilts back and forth. It's pretty amazing.
The Bates Motel - Glen Mills, PA Pretty great scenes, decent ride (Didn't go through the house)
Pennhurst Aslyum - Spring City, PA (owned by the same guy that runs Bates Motel. It's a real closed down Aslyum. The buildings are amazing, has a midway and pitch dark tours of the tunnels. However, the scenes are not that great, and when I went I felt rushed, didn't get to see a lot. (I love studying props) Eh, go if only to see the property.
Field of Screams - Mountville, PA Hayride is amazing. Love it. They also have a mid way carnival & 2 haunted houses. They are so so. Not so great scenery but good scares. Mostly modge podge of junk put around.
Jason's Woods - Lancaster, PA Hayride and Haunts. Worst one I've been too. Actors sucked & so did the props. Not worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I love haunts but they can be ridiculously expensive, so I only get out to 1-3 a year.

If you're in the Denver-Metro area, I can suggest these personal favorites

Haunted Field of Screams
- This one has two haunted mazes and a zombie paintball. The best deal is to do all 3 for one price.

The Asylum
- I used to come to this one every year before they moved locations. They go above and beyond in production, and have been featured on TV quite a bit.

The 13th Floor - Probably the most popular in Denver.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My favorite is just down the road from me. I love Old Tucson's Nightfall. It's a whole western town gone mad. There are usually three haunts and its a hit or miss to just how great they are, but that's not why a person should go. The real beauty of Nightfall is the unique atmosphere of the old western buildings in the dark. Lots of fog rolling around, the sound of wind through the shutters, etc. Its just a really nice setting. Actors walk around so lots of photo ops. And again, its hit or miss with them too. But like I said, its not the haunts as much as its the place itself. LOVE IT there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts