Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH has been wanting to go to The Bates Motel for a couple of years now, but scheduling has always been an issue - trying to find nights when he & other friends/family could all make it together.

http://thebatesmotel.com/attractions/

DH's birthday is in November, so I want to purchase tickets for DH and one of his brothers to go as a surprise. I am talking to his brother already about dates, and Wed, Thur or Fri nights are our most likely choices.

I see that there are VIP passes available that would let them skip to the fronts of the line, which is pretty cool. I think that The Bates Motel is a pretty popular attraction, but I don't really know what attendance is like. I imagine that they might need the VIP passes on the Friday night if that is when they end up going, but is attendance normally high on week nights at these pro haunts as well?

It would be a week or two before Halloween - not the week OF Halloween, if that makes any difference.
I did look at the FAQ on their page and it says that the wait time is longer on Fri & Sat, which of course I expected, but it doesn't give an idea of what the wait times are for week nights.

I do not go to these attractions since I'm ridiculously easy to scare and a big chicken :D, so I just don't know if I should splurge for VIP tickets on a Wed or Thur night if skipping to the front of the line means they get ahead of 10 people, you know?

Thanks for any feedback you might be able to give!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Its been my experience that weeknight visits dont really require a VIP pass. Unless you get an added bonus of some sort. Weekends at popular haunts VIP is a must unless you want to wait hours but weeknights should be ok with a normal pass.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello! I live in PA and have been to Bates several times.

Awesome haunt. I recommend that and Shocktoberfest as 2 of the best around. I used to work at a PA haunt and have been to a lot of them in this area.

I've been there on a weeknight and it is not too bad. Obviously the closer you get to Halloween, the busier they are going to get. They will most likely have to wait a bit on a weeknight but we are not talking hours. My suggestion is, buy the regular tickets and if they see the place is mobbed then they can upgrade if they want. Most of the time the extra cost is worth it.

Hubby and I went one night and it ended up being school-bus night. Also, if you know what date you are going then call and ask if they have any large groups scheduled that evening.

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
We were at Bates last night and have been to Shocktoberfest. Bates is a really cool place with a lot of effects. We always go during the week and it hasn't been bad. The weekends will be mobbed if it's nice weather. Our son is also in the reserves now so we go on the night for military discounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts