Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Terry and after a long hiatus I'm getting back into all things Halloween! For years we had a home haunt in conjunction with a rather large adult Halloween party. But alas, we had to sell all our props and eventually move. Fast forward to today, we've lived in our new home in Wisconsin for 4 years now. Since this will be our permanent home we've decided a little "haunting" is in order!

Our old home haunt relied heavily on sound effects and background music, a format that served us well for many years. But now that we have new "digs" we want to ramp up the scares so to speak. There were a few props that we made for our old haunt that we want to recreate, only bigger and badder!

Starting my new prop builds will require researching the various prop controllers.... I'm intrigued by picaxe but more research is required to find a budget friendly prop controller and MP3 combo that will work for my needs. I suppose the first order of business is to put my prop ideas down on paper and go from there.

I know one of the props I plan on building is a mausoleum, but we're unsure if we will be decorating our front yard or our back yard. If it's to be the front yard then any size mausoleum will do. If we decide on the back yard then we plan on building a rather elaborate facade over our existing shed in back to convert it into a large mausoleum with maybe decorating the inside as well.

Anyway, I'm very glad to be here among like-minded people, I can't wait to start picking some brains in here!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you're getting back into the game
View attachment 269512
Thanks, THG.... I have a loooong way to go since I want to learn how to automate some props, but have never done anything like that. Mostly did static props with sound effects, lighting and fog! Trying to research PicAxe, I know nothing about servos and things like that... I do know how to solder, when I worked in electronics manufacturing I had to solder under a microscope.... one wrong move and you burnt your fingers! Lol

I have a couple of ideas for animated props, so we'll see if I can learn how to get them to do what I want.... within a budget that keeps Mrs. Fester happy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts