Halloween Forum banner

Pressure Pad Switch

7163 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Terra
Im trying to find switches where in you stand on them it will switch a socket on or something like this.

I thought of those switches where you just step on them and it turns on christmas lights or something like that.

HELP PLEASE

Ruggerz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hauntless
9,669 Posts
I know this is an old thread - the new trend this week ;) :p

I have a question. I have the DMXorcist controller which uses the eXorcist input box.

It says I can only use dry contact-style switches. I want to get two pressure mats and plug them into those inputs but DO NOT want to fry the box. Anybody know what brands of pressure mats have dry contact-style switches? I have no idea what that means except perhaps there is no voltage?

Here's what I was looking at: http://www.frightprops.com/controll...ssure-sensing-mats-pressure-sensing-mats.html

Thanks so much for the help.

· Hauntless
9,669 Posts
Thanks so much! Off to the Harbor Freight website.

By the way and just to clarify, would have the one from Fright Props worked? I see that "for use with picaboo or other relay based prop controllers" all the time but I don't know what that means. Is it a voltage input?

· Hauntless
9,669 Posts
Yippee, I'm getting a handle on this now :)

The software program that comes with eXorcist (and DMXorcist) has a setting where it will ignore continued triggers (more people stepping on and off the mat) for the amount of time you designate or until the next prop is triggered (as they continue through your maze).

· Hauntless
9,669 Posts
Hey, I just thought of a good rule of thumb for determining dry contact triggers. If it doesn't need to be plugged in (in a wall socket or battery) then it doesn't need nor have any voltage. Duh! It just took me a while to wrap my head around this. heheh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.