Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a weather site that is somewhat accurate for predicting precipitation/temps on Halloween? My magic ball just doesn’t seem to do it! Unfortunately, mybig props are not water resistant. Am I grasping at straws? There is a reason Missouri is also called the state of Misery!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Any predictions this far out are just guesses. There's no point checking up until 7-10 days before Halloween and even then it's not going to be guaranteed until 24-48 hours before the big day.

Make sure no one's doing any rain dances over there until then!

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
I've been tracking it starting 45 days out for the last 10 years for giggles. They usually have the storms and severity fairly well laid out by that point, but they 'slide' around A LOT.

For example, if 45 days out, it says it's going to rain buckets halloween night, you're going to get a heavy rain storm...but it might be a week before or after Halloween.

The thing that frustrates me is a near complete lack of WIND forecast no matter how far out. I'll go to bed, predicted storm will be 10 MPH winds...no problem...Wake up to 60 mph gusts and everything destroyed.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I go by past experience. In something like 25 years (not consecutive) in out present location we have had three Halloween nights when it rained. Only one that saw umbrellas come out. Not bad for the soggy Pacific Northwest. And poor weather did not impact our turnout either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts