Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a huge Halloween fan i love this time of year and the build up to the 31st. Unfortunately i rarely do anything for Halloween besides the random friend having a Halloween party. I have often thought about where some good Halloween type trips would be. Going some where creepy this time of year to really get you in the mood for Halloween and add another fun activity to add to the yearly Halloween celebration. Do any of you have places you go to help you get in the Halloween spirit?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I mentioned this is another thread - the second week-end in October we're going to a Halloween event at Knoebel's amusement park in PA, then driving up to Sleepy Hollow, NY to attend a dramatic presentation of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow in the Old North Church, and the next night going to the Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze at Van Cortlandt Manor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My family always goes to Disneyland for Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party. Fellow forum member Amyml is my sister and we have annual passes to Disneyland and go a lot anyhow but the parks do a lot more lighting and sound effects for Halloween. Even though we also have passes to Knotts, I havent quite built up the nerve to go to Knotts Scary Farm (I'm kind of a chicken). Judging by the videos and pictures I've seen of it though, I'm thinking Knotts Scary Farm would definitely get you in the frightful Halloween spirit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not right before Halloween, but I took my daughter to Boston this summer. We had to take the train to Salem for at least one day. It was awesome and we found some great new interior decorations, including an amazing print by a Salem artist. I was told that Salem is especially fun during October.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Other Haunters come to see my house, The Ravens Grin Inn in Mount Carroll, Ill.
We are OPEN every night of the year, unless our answering machine might say "otherwise",also OPEN Sat. & Sun. afternoons.
Sometimes the Haunted "Crew" from another haunt might be critical of what they see here because we don't do gore and other people's Monsters.
The portion of their group that snears at my place is usually aged from 18 to 25.
The owner(s) of the visiting haunt are usually impressed and let me know it. They are usually 35 yrs. old-- on up in age........

Reactions: X-Pired

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
We go to Knoebels in October also! The same weekend as ChrisW mentioned, actually, because it's a Halloween event. I've gone almost every year since maybe 2003, 2004? Gosh, it's been a while! My best friend & her family, me, and off & on my sister and her family always go together. I've only skipped the year that I was 9.5 mo pregnant, one year I was 8 mo pregnant, and the year my BFF was 8 mo pregnant. LOL! It's a walking park and neither of us wanted to risk being far away from our own doctors!

Anyway, it's an awesome Halloween & Autumn event! And we also like going to local pumpkin patches and apple orchards too!

·
Registered
635 Posts
About the only trips I'll be making between now and Halloween is driving down to Fresno. I'll be sure to hit all the high spots though, Michael's, Home Depot, Lowes, Rite Aide, CVS, Dollar Tree, Big Lots and Harbor Freight. Oh and I almost forgot the Spirit Halloween store.:)

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would love to go to all of the places others have mentioned. Salem and Sleepy Hollow, oh yeah!

This year I have a reservation for Halloween weekend at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. On Friday the 30th I will go on a hour and a half ghost tour of the hotel and there will be a masquerade ball on Halloween night. I'm sure most of you know the Stanley Hotel was where Stephen King wrote the Shining and where the eight hour television version of the movie was filmed. It is supposed to be one of the most haunted hotels in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
When my 2 daughters were younger i used to take them to haunted locations close to where i live like Leeds castle where there are some real creepy ghosts , and in October time when its cold and wet and dark and gloomy , you cant beat an old castle , especially for atmosphere , it always worked and set the tone .

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I mentioned this is another thread - the second week-end in October we're going to a Halloween event at Knoebel's amusement park in PA, then driving up to Sleepy Hollow, NY to attend a dramatic presentation of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow in the Old North Church, and the next night going to the Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze at Van Cortlandt Manor.
us, too! same weekend. We are going to the Legend of SLeepy Hollow on Sunday and staying over Monday for the Edgar Allen Poe evening. During the day, we want to go to Philipsburg Manor and see the buildings.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I would love to go to all of the places others have mentioned. Salem and Sleepy Hollow, oh yeah!

This year I have a reservation for Halloween weekend at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. On Friday the 30th I will go on a hour and a half ghost tour of the hotel and there will be a masquerade ball on Halloween night. I'm sure most of you know the Stanley Hotel was where Stephen King wrote the Shining and where the eight hour television version of the movie was filmed. It is supposed to be one of the most haunted hotels in the U.S.
that is also on my list to visit...i'm hoping to go next winter...dh can go skiing and i can prowl the hotel.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I Heard thats a great visit AlexSum and i also heard its a nightmare to find accommodation , but if you got alternatives within an hour then taint so bad sounds like a trip , have fun .

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,081 Posts
We are planning on Halloweekends at Cedar Point (amusement park) since we've never gone before. Also thinking of a day trip Northville, MI since they apparently have this thing called "The Skeletons are Alive" where each business in the downtown area gets a skeleton to do something with. And there's a retired US Navy destroyer in Bay City, MI that we've toured before, but just found out they offer ghost tours, too!

Almost forgot! Tillson Street in Romeo. Imagine an entire street of big ol' Victorian houses where everyone goes all out. Pretty sure some residents are members here, since 2 houses have "Beloved" tombstones!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts