Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. We got most of the haunt up. Other than most of the major props. Still have some new lighting to add in different places. I have to be out of town down to Boston for work for the next couple weeks it looks like so i wanted to get the majority of it done now and just maintain it and prob change it around a little. I shot a short walk through in daylight so everyone could get the jist of it. We have had so many lookies and drive bys. I even invited a couple of kids in today. They were walking up the street with their gramma. They stopped on the street in front and were looking from s distance. I told them it would be fine to go run around inside while i talked with their grandmother. I love to listen to their "ah that's cool....''

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Looks like fun! You mentioned you're going out of town for a couple weeks. Do you leave everything out or take it in? I'd be afraid of theft with all of that stuff.
Hope you can shoot some night time video on Halloween.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Looks great so far! Just one question...do you think the pathway is safe? Do you anticipate anyone tripping over the low guiderails or snagging thier costume on the stakes? Ok, that was two questions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like fun! You mentioned you're going out of town for a couple weeks. Do you leave everything out or take it in? I'd be afraid of theft with all of that stuff.
Hope you can shoot some night time video on Halloween.
We leave it all out. I have 2 teens and 1 pre teen. They are tight with all in the neighborhood. Plus i know all the kids to. most keep their long finger friends at bay for us. And the neighbors always keep an eye out also. Never had a problem but the first time i do. Everything will get torn down and we will have a huge bonfire.

''Looks great so far! Just one question...do you think the pathway is safe? Do you anticipate anyone tripping over the low guiderails or snagging thier costume on the stakes? Ok, that was two questions.''

Never had a problem with the path either. It is all lighted plus we have a guide to walk folks through and i always tell folks to watch their step. Plus the sign disclamier out front.
Thanks for all the comments. We all know how much work it is to keep up a haunt. Good thing we love what we do. LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Your 'aisle' for TOTs to walk in - ever have any trouble with someone knocking it down or sitting on it, etc? For the first time this year, I am 'walking' folks 'thru' some of my front-yard haunt and looking to put up the right 'fence' to keep them contained.

I was planning on something more sturdy and even lined at the bottom with plastic fencing to keep the little ones from reach under, etc. But if yours works as-is, I may forgo something so elaborate (ie $$).

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Thanks for the pre-walk thru. Could you see me smiling and chuckling as you guided me though??!

I love the whole concept of the open walk-through and I can really see that working well and you've made a wonderful use of space and props. Absolutely blown away by the horse and hearse. Excellent pieces. LOL at the thought of squirting water props. Really liked the idea of how you are going to use the BigScreamTV in your jeep area.

Really, really nice. Wish I was a nearby neighbor...

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
yeah, make sure someone doesnt sit on your stuff :mad:

Last year in our haunt, i was an actor inside of a coffin that we built. i had the closed but i could see though a crack and i would open it and pop out. so a little girl and her mom come through and the mom wants to take a picture of her on sitting on the coffin. :mad: So shes walking over to the casket and im ready to make her piss herself when my mask falls off.:mad::mad::mad: That is definately an OH [email protected]#T moment. So she sat down sat on it and got her picture taken :(:(:(while i was swearing up a storm in my head:mad:

I know theres lots of smileys but im using them to express myself

whats the Lesson-dont let your mask fall off kids!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey all. Just stopping in for a minute. Still in Boston but the good news for me is i will be home by the weekend. Their were a couple of ? i want to answer.
''Your 'aisle' for TOTs to walk in - ever have any trouble with someone knocking it down or sitting on it, etc?''
We have never had a problem with the fence. We do not let people get to comfortable and always keep them moving when props are finished doing their thing. The height of the fence is for the tots. At their height it works out well and most parents are always vigil of their kids. Plus it has enough light to make sure it's seen well. Last year i lost control of the amount of folks going in. It was supposed to be a circle walk around with the in and out at the same location. It ended up being tots going in all directions at once. Props just a flying because sensors never got a chance to reset. No one seemed to mind and it was funny to watch. This year the in and out have their own location plus their will only be 3 people plus our guide in at a time.
''do you do it only halloween night? or do you do it as many weekends before as you can handle?''
Pretty much it is just for Halloween night. But i will fire it all up a few different times for friends and family. Plus beleive it or not i have had folks drive for some distance to come see. It's usually adults who want to avoid the hectic Halloween night. So i will always be kind and invite them back for a private walk through. I have only had one couple not show up. Thanks to everyone for the great comments. Yes it is a labor of love all started by a little boy who wanted a graveyard a bunch of years ago. The folks on this forum have been a huge inspiration and help and a whole lot of this would not happen without you all......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts