Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down to my last "Power Switch Tail" and can't find any more. Anybody have any experience with this product and company or recommend another alternative? BTW - How come remote controled power switches cost less than $10 and 12v controlled power switches cost way more?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
$24.95 turned into $38.28 with shipping and tax :( I ordered one but seems really pricey for a relay.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Down to my last "Power Switch Tail" and can't find any more. Anybody have any experience with this product and company or recommend another alternative? BTW - How come remote controled power switches cost less than $10 and 12v controlled power switches cost way more?

You can get 12vdc remote relay modules on ebay pretty dang cheap, I use them a lot. I use the 433mhz modules, they seem to have better range than 315mhz.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had horrible experiences with wireless relays, speakers, and cameras up until 2013 so I ran wires everywhere. I had interference from Wifi, garage door openers , airplanes, IOT devices, car door locks, etc. Individually they worked fine during build and testing but the day of in 2013 video got scrambled, audio had static, and props did not respond or responded to something they shouldn't have. It could just be were I am located.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have made my own relay packs as well, pretty easy to do. They look similar to Industen't pics. Not sure exactly what the application is, but if you want something centralized, you could get something like this.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some relay control panels now that send out triggered low voltage (12VDC and 24VDC) to every where. Every once in a while I will have a prop that requires 110V AC (e.g., this year a I used 110V deer motors on my skeleton guitar player and drummer). That's when I would use the Power Switch Tails. They were under $20 ten years ago. I don't like to use 110V on props but the deer motors are cheap and auto-reverse. I guess I need to switch over to servos or build some 110V panels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts