Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A few years ago a friend & me bought some rubber pig masks & they were great,

I noticed mine started to crumple up & stick together on the snout & when i tried to pull it into place it just made holes in it and is getting worse now.. his is also starting to do the same..

So we need to Reincarnate the pig !

I have looked at online demo's how to do make masks & figure seen as we already have the mask it shouldn't be as hard as making it from scratch

So first job would be to fill the mask so it is solid then re sculpt the nose right ?

Can anybody let me know, is there pourable clay i can get that sets at room temperature ? if so the best one to get, one that doesn't go off solid would be better..

This way i can simply pour it into the mask i have so i then have a solid head to work with ..i'm sure this will be easier than trying to push modeling clan into it ?

Any advice much appreciated

·
Banned
535 Posts
Have you tried Plaster of Paris? You can get a big bag at a home improvement store for less than $20.
I will second this. Try having a mask and pouring in melting clay into it is NOT! a easy or safe task(take it from me that stuff when its melted HURTS!!!!). Are you going to turn the mask inside out so you get most of the details? One thought is to pour expanding foam in the mask (when not inside out) then make a mold of its outside then you have a mold for years of use to make more mask when you need them. foam will make it rigid so you can make a mold of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

pourable modeling clay was in my mind as i saw it on a tutorial but guess plaster of paris will be just as good thanks,

If i can get the foam i might try that as the head will be lighter, long as its strong enough to get the plaster cast round ..

Yep plan is to keep a mold so the pig can live for EVER !

Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts