Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten the first round of potion bottles painted, glossed and labels (Paper bags) crumpled and dipped in tea, so now, I get to add the lables...I am at a stone wall with names for the potions. ( I have come down with the flu and punimonia:( so my brain isn't working at full capacity.) Any ideas?? I really don't want "cheesy" If I can help it. THANKS in advance! :D

Oh, here are what I have so far.
Bubotuber pus
Pepperpup potion
Wolfsbane
Veritaserum
Flesh eating slug repellant
Amortentia
Wart- cap powder
Aging potion
Beauty restore
Powder of Mandrake

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey angelicdrkness, this seems like a cool idea! Sometimes coming up with the right names can be tricky, and of course it all depends on how "dark" or "light" you want to go with them (Ex: virgin's blood versus pixie dust) but from the names you have, it looks like you're in more neutral/mystical territory.
Here are few in the same vein, all from real plants:
Tongue of a Turnip
Adder's Tongue
Beggar's Buttons
Friar's Cowl

Those were my favorites, but those and more can be found on this website. I think it has just what you're looking for. But if you need any other suggestions, let me know! I've done my share of witch themed haunts, so I might be able to help. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey angelicdrkness, this seems like a cool idea! Sometimes coming up with the right names can be tricky, and of course it all depends on how "dark" or "light" you want to go with them (Ex: virgin's blood versus pixie dust) but from the names you have, it looks like you're in more neutral/mystical territory.
Here are few in the same vein, all from real plants:
Tongue of a Turnip
Adder's Tongue
Beggar's Buttons
Friar's Cowl

Those were my favorites, but those and more can be found on this website. I think it has just what you're looking for. But if you need any other suggestions, let me know! I've done my share of witch themed haunts, so I might be able to help. :D

AWESOME!! Thank you very much! I haven't put any on yet, still brainstorming. I am wanting more of the Virgins blood type haunt lol. I am going for 16th century good witch goes evil :) I'm kinda going for salem 1692, I appreciate the help, I would love to pick your brain some more since you have experience with this type haunt. This is the first year I am going all out with a theme and all, so any help is GREATLY appreicated!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ah, now that I can help with. I'm more of a virgin's blood haunter myself ;) I love the witchcraft theme, as I've said. I just sent you a friend request, shoot me a private message and we can brainstorm! Any questions you have I'll be delighted to answer :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
As a chemistry instructor I have to throw in a few of these
spirit of salt the old name for hydrochloric acid
spirit of hartshorn ammonia
acqua regia mixture of nitric and hydrocholric acid
lunar caustic Silver nitrate
black ash Sodium carbonate
bleaching powder Calcium hypochlorite
blue vitriol Copper sulfate
brimstone sulfur