Halloween Forum banner

441 - 453 of 453 Posts

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
beacon, darn it. I always love your haunt. I wish you had close ups. oh, well, this will do. it is a nice haunt.
pib, it was a fun haunt to do. we didn't have much of a turn out, but we still had fun. thanks everyone for your interest and kind words

·
Registered
8 Posts
A roller coaster fan page I follow is giving away an AtmosFEARfx Digital Decorating Starter Kit, featuring Night Stalkers and Ghostly Apparitions Digital Decorations, as well as AtmosGEAR Window Projection Material. All you have to do is send in a photo of how you decorate for Halloween, and for us, that's easy! :D

Check it out! http://coasterinsanity.com/?p=448

·
Registered
13 Posts
You would think living in LA and OC that more people would be doing extravagant haunts like these....but no. I guess everyone would rather go to Unviersal or Knotts.

Stunning work, folks. Someone was pondering what they should change for 2016....I would say rid of the blucky's! They don't match the level of detail as the rest of the yard! :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Here's a few of mine from 2015.

Like everyone, in process of deciding how I will display/add thing this year.
I probably already said this in a thread last year, if you posted these pictures before, but that lighting is incredible. What do you use, regular old flood lights? I've never really been 100% happy with my lighting. Also, the super bright street light right across the street doesn't help much.

·
Registered
99 Posts
RE blucky's. I do hate them.

I only used them for the hanging ones because they are light but you make a good point.

More realistic bones are never a bad idea. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bluckys gonna bluck, right? ;]

So, a little about us....

Necreauxsis is a French spin on the word "necrosis," which means "the death of most or all of the cells in an organ or tissue due to disease, injury, or failure of the blood supply." Before Necreauxsis (abbreviated to NCRX), we were Creep-Thru haunt, then CreepShow, then NCRX the final 2 years.

Sadly, the last time any of us did a haunt was 6 years ago. It's been far too long since that last beautiful Halloween season, and as it is, there's not much of a chance of us doing something again. I guess I was feeling hyper-nostalgic...and with the holiday right around the corner, I love seeing the hype and prep for others' haunts, too!

Anyway, this is our haunt from 2010 (MMX in roman numerals).

It was titled Cirque Macabre...

The Entrance was designed as a "big top," with performers entertaining guests while they waited to enter.

Once inside, a long corridor lined with masks fed you into a festive UV-bathed party heralded by hulahoop-skirted clowns. No pictures of the party, really...just a shot of the balloons and streamers that tried to create a path through the room.

The following room was the last "cirque"-themed concept before getting abstract. It was a small seance scene led by two gypsies.

Exit into another hallway, through some doors and webbing before getting into was was designed as the "backstage" of the circus.

Blue door took the guest into this room, which led into a dead end where the human-lion hybrid chased you out into a totally new space. The massive wall with the frames (left of actor) moved to reveal a new path once patrons came back through. The scene would reset between groups.

Follow carpet path to the right...

...then into the beast.

Turn right back around and find this path now revealed:

Approaching exit:

A precarious and turbulent climb up:

A chatoic, colorful and screeching descent:

That's it for that one, folks! We were an abstract outfit, with lots of inspiration that year taken from Cirque du Soleil, hence the title "Cirque Macabre."

This video was part of a promotion I was doing for a potential haunt in 2013, but it never came to fruition. Included is footage and photos from our haunts from 2007-2010.

441 - 453 of 453 Posts