Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is such a high from mid-October to the 31st. Emotions running constantly, the rush you get the week of Halloween, then of course, Halloween day is filled with such intense feelings....such a high with that high running the full gambit. The next morning when the high is gone, it is such a depressed state.
364 more days until...
This blows...
:(:mad:

·
Registered
872 Posts
I was so stressed this year working nine shifts straight on the home stretch to Halloween. While my fingers froze as I made a major lighting design change or dragged in my Devil and reworked him for the third time, I was actually wishing it was over!

It turned out to be one of my favourite years. Everything looked great, the weather was crisp and still and more than one kid was scared silly. Success!

But at the end of the haunt when I turned out the lights I felt that same old feeling - sad, wistful, wondering if this year will be the last.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ I know bro!! This stinks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm thinking about moving to Halloween Town.

Oh what? that doesn't really exist?

Then I'm thinking about starting my own Haloween Town!

(Hey - there is an entire Thomas Kinkade neighborhood thing - with actual Thomas Kinkade houses - if he can do that I can do this!)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I didn't get this very much this year but I have had it on various previous years. I just babied myself for a couple/few days, took things slow, let myself be a little "off" and kept my decorations up a bit longer. Then I channeled holiday excitement into Thanksgiving and Christmas.

"Other holidays" channeling has really helped me, I find. I think of Halloween into Christmas as one long "holiday season" that only begins with Halloween. It has definitely taken the sting out of the post-Halloween blues.

I also keep up some autumnal stuff. That has helped too. Again, it makes it all one long(er) season. Autumn stuff doesn't look weird when it's up until Thanksgiving, because Thanksgiving is associated with fall colors too - leaves, pumpkins and other gourds, Indian corn and so on.

I think some blues following the Big Day are natural for some people considering how much time and effort we put into that "one day," then bam, all of a sudden it's gone. Be gentle with yourself, and start climbing out of the blues and planning for next year!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Very depressed and feeling under appreciated for all the work I put into it (although, I really do most of it for my own pleasure). Just upsets me when people don't take the time to look at everything and just want to drink/eat.
Well, the turkeys are up outside now but the inside ghouls will stay for another week. Not looking forward to climbing the ladder and carrying boxes. Did get 4 dinner parties out of the holiday, however.
Til next year...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Very depressed and feeling under appreciated for all the work I put into it (although, I really do most of it for my own pleasure). Just upsets me when people don't take the time to look at everything and just want to drink/eat.
Well, the turkeys are up outside now but the inside ghouls will stay for another week. Not looking forward to climbing the ladder and carrying boxes. Did get 4 dinner parties out of the holiday, however.
Til next year...
WE appreciate all that work, I promise you.

What would this forum be without all the people who knock themselves out to create amazing haunts? That gives so much to the next person and really sets that mood that we all crave.

This world just wouldn't be the same without haunters.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I know the "Blue" feelings you all are expressing here, I used to dwell in those same lower chambers with the passing of seasons.
I see people coming to see my Haunt most nights of the entire year with only blizzards and ice keeping most home.
If I ever become severely down with no fun from entertaining my patrons, I guess that i could begin screening some of the old DVD tapes I have been making for all these years to maybe cheer me up?
They just show one room of the house.. but there are some terrific genuine screams to be enjoyed on those tapes!
The bed tips, they slide off gaining speed, vanishing from the camera into the deep depths of the wine cellar,a large stone arched room deep under the surface of the Earth.
Last Winter a professional Roller-Coaster Rider was speechless and stunned after his very scary ride into those depths. (The drier weather helps the quickness increase)
I wonder if those tapes could become a profitable You-tube channel for me? hahaha!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah, even though I went to The Spirit Store for the sale today, it still just felt sad, but I was thinking about next years party and such as I was shopping and still excited to get several items just for the hell of it.

I guess it's good to have a break though....I'm really big on Thanksgiving so I can focus on that, but Christmas is not my thing at all. I do not observe Christmas in the traditional way, actually I don't at all, although I will decorate a little. Plus my birthday is so close to Christmas, I do not care for it much either.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Today I discovered the hair of the dog that bit me as a cure.

I've never been up and out to take advantage of post halloween 50% off sale at Spirit but I went today and scored a bunch of LED spotlights and a bunch of Minecraft stuff for my son that is impossible to find at less than full price anywhere.

With 3-4 stores close by there was anything I wanted for half the price but since we already have our plan for next year there wasn't 'too much' I could take advantage of.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I always get sad afterwards. The leaves all fall off the trees and it gets too cold for comfort. All they show on TV are Christmas programs. Green and red (then blue and silver) are absolutely everywhere. It's funny; I like Christmas and all, but it's so stressful rushing madly to buy gifts and decorate (nevermind the cost of all this!). Halloween brings me back to a time where I could have fun and be a kid. I get scared but then get candy. November 1st gets me down a little because I know all that is coming, not to mention 11 more months til the next October.

Just like y'all have been saying: we need to find a Halloween Town, stat!

·
Registered
414 Posts
There always is a bit of a letdown after the big day. Thanksgiving for us was in October, so I don't have that to look forward to, but I do like Christmas, but in much more moderation. I put up the christmas lights as soon as the halloween stuff comes down, but that's only because it's better weather now for it. They don't get lit until the last weekend in November, and then I start decorating the house. it's not the same though. Christmas is so much pressure. Halloween feels more intimate to me, it's just mine. No one expects more than a Jack, so whatever else I do is amazing. Christmas you're just required to do the tree, and decorate, and everyone does lots so yours isn't special. And that's to say nothing of gift pressure. It's nice, but it's not the same.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This year was a little rough. I'm back in school full-time and my spouse works a lot. Between that and the weather we didn't get our yard as decorated as we wanted. It was all a bit of a let down this year. I even told my husband that if it were just the two of us I'd have turned off our lights and watched a movie. It was still sad when Halloween was over.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There always is a bit of a letdown after the big day. Thanksgiving for us was in October, so I don't have that to look forward to, but I do like Christmas, but in much more moderation. I put up the christmas lights as soon as the halloween stuff comes down, but that's only because it's better weather now for it. They don't get lit until the last weekend in November, and then I start decorating the house. it's not the same though. Christmas is so much pressure. Halloween feels more intimate to me, it's just mine. No one expects more than a Jack, so whatever else I do is amazing. Christmas you're just required to do the tree, and decorate, and everyone does lots so yours isn't special. And that's to say nothing of gift pressure. It's nice, but it's not the same.
I'm planning to put Christmas lights up this weekend. They won't get turned on until Thanksgiving night, but I don't want to be outside freezing. We decorate a little more for Christmas than we do for Halloween. I took it as a compliment this year when one of my kid's friends said that we have more indoor decorations for Halloween than his family does for Christmas.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts