Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I estimate I have a dozen hours of cleaning up storage areas and sorting Halloween debris. All my stuff got taken down at 9:00 pm on Halloween night but its just in piles drying out. It's a nightmare....

Are all your decorations down and stored?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I just finished packing, labeling and storing. I have some stuff at work that I used to decorate my department but I am thinking of leaving it all there for next year. I don't have space for anything else here. Someone please remind me next year that I don't need to buy anything else!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
All the outdoor stuff is back in the attic! (me, doing the happy dance)
I took it all down yesterday and sorted everything how I wanted it to be stored. I also made a big trash pile. This afternoon, I got up in the attic and my husband brought everything up to me the way I had it laid out. It went very fast and we even have some extra room up there!
Now for the indoor decor. Fortunately, there's really not a lot of that. I've finally learned not to decorate every inch of available space.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have all the haunt stuff down and in boxes. I have a few more boxes to organize in our work room --- and then tomorrow back in the attic they go!!!

We fantasize about an outbuilding one day -- where this stuff can be stored and more easily accessible.

I won't be happy when the day comes that I'm too damn old to keep doing this stuff.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Halfway there - items I would really hate loosing come down Halloween night when it's all over (2000w fog machine and skeletons). All the rest comes down in the following days. I should have most of it packed away today, and just have to make some room for anything new found in the store clearances going on (probably some costume stuff or cheap lighting).

·
Registered
606 Posts
We didn't put out much compared to most in here. I'd like to store the lights in one box. As I was decorating, I was sorting into piles of this year, maybe next year (remained boxed and in garage), goodwill. Spooky Town houses are put back into boxes. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the accessories like tombstones, trees, figures, fences where the plastic packaging was pretty much destroyed as I was opening them. All batteries must come out of our props before they are boxed up and sealed for next year. I feel like I've already done so much, but I'm maybe only 1/3 of the way through.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,117 Posts
We're finally done wrapping everything up, labeling, putting in bins, etc.

The big challenge was finding homes for the new additions this year (hearse and mausoleum) but they are finally broken down and put away.

It's a huge relief to finally be able to sit and just go through pictures and video...:)

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
We have all the stuff that can't get rained on in the screen porch so it won't get wet. That's what we got done yesterday because knew it was going to start raining during the night. I'm going to start a thread for our stuff. Stay tuned ;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I estimate I have a dozen hours of cleaning up storage areas and sorting Halloween debris. All my stuff got taken down at 9:00 pm on Halloween night but its just in piles drying out. It's a nightmare....

Are all your decorations down and stored?
Same here. Went out to the garage to try and get a little done and everything is in a cluttered, still wet mess as it's been pouring and cool all day. And that's just the stuff I put out Halloween day. My cemetery is still outside in a wind whipped soaking wet mess too. Maybe I should just leave it out and get a head start for next year.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
ToT curfew was 8 pm thursday night. I had everything cleaned up and put away by 8:15.

I decorated light due to the expectation of rain, so I only lightly decorated. Took less than 15 minutes to take everything down and toss it into the coffin and wheel it into the garage. I could leave it like that until next year. So done!

But I'll probably sort and rearrange things sometime this week. After all, this winter I'll likely need the snowblower more than the coffin, so that should be moved in front of the coffin.

·
Undertaker
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here. Went out to the garage to try and get a little done and everything is in a cluttered, still wet mess as it's been pouring and cool all day. And that's just the stuff I put out Halloween day. My cemetery is still outside in a wind whipped soaking wet mess too. Maybe I should just leave it out and get a head start for next year.
I can't stand looking at the mess plus the boss isn't too happy about it either

·
Registered
214 Posts
The skull fence and the inflatable crouching cat are still outside, thanks to rain. I don't want to risk putting them away damp and having them mold. Some stuff is still out on the screened porch, plus my living room is full of boxes. Hopefully I'll get most of it finished tomorrow.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Wifey and I got started on Friday, we just finished minutes ago, whew! Underestimated how much stuff we had plus the new stuff I made made it take longer to sort and pack away

1 - 20 of 57 Posts