Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get a pose for my bucky ground breaker, but I'm having a bit of trouble posing his arms. I was thinking of using some bendable metal rod or some thing, but when I went to home depot and asked an associate if they had anything like it, they looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "no". :(

So, does anyone know what will work to pose bucky arms?

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Rebar would be simple enough to do. Just get the thin stuff and you should be able to bend it without too much trouble.

I used EMT conduit on Bob, and that would work, but requires special tooling to bend.

I would think for a groundbreaker, rebar would be better, smaller, easier to conceal. The only disadvantage it would have is being heavier.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
I used a screw in the elbow joint.... There is a small slit in the plastic in the elbow where the metal piece fits in and works like a joint. Bent his arm into a position you will see this slit.
Put a screw into this slot. That will then keep the arm in the bent position.
The upper arm or shoulder... I didnt need mine raised to I didn't work on that part so I cant help you there....
I did use some wire at the shoulder and attached it to the screw in the from of the joint... then pulled it tight and wrapped the wire around the collar bone. This pulled the arm forward a little.
I like unorthodox's arm.... I may have to figure a way to have the other arm raised too!
I just needed mine bent at the elbow.. I have my 3 axis on my bucky skelly with a 2nd head (mouth movement only) in his hand.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You could try a combination of hot glue and gorrilla glue. hot glue to hold the shape and then use liberal amounts of gorrilla glue for the final bond.

or you could try threaded rod, it is easily bent and will hold its shape..

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just zip tied a coat hanger to the shoulder,arm amd forarm.then wraped duck tape ovet the zip ties and the corpsed over everything .....I can move and position the arms within reason ........its cheap and quick ............the screws work to if your not going corpse it..I corpsed over one with screws and it didnt hold ...............good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

I couldnt find any thin rebar, so I picked up some threaded rod and some hose clamps and that is working great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts