Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on an alternate way to pose my bluckies that was easy to change and wasn't obvious when displayed without clothes.
I decided to use the heavy wire used with chain link fence. It's fairly stiff but can still be adjusted and isn't hard to work with.
I started out by disassembling by blucky and cutting off the nubs at the end of the bones.

I then threaded a piece of the wire through the hip and shoulder joints.

Run the wire through the middle fingers and toes and bend the wire to secure it.

Tape over the bend

I then ran a piece from the top of the neck and through the pelvis

The skull on this one will be attached with a servo to allow for movement, otherwise I would have run the wire through the skull and hid the wire with some hair.
Here he is - wired, taped, stained and ready for corpsing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
fence wire

Wow, looks great! I bought that same wire for some armatures. I like to pose depending on theme. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours. I just haven't figured out how to cut wire yet. I also like how you opened up ribs. Thanks

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you like it.
I use the aluminum 9 gauge tension wire and you can cut it with a pair of lineman's pliers. Takes a bit of force but not that tough. It's $18 from Home Depot for a big roll.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Have had the same problem and bought some cheap drywall anchors and some great stuff, but have not tried to see if this method will work.

Thought it would be a easy fast fix for arms and legs that fall off, but after seeing some other fixes here, I think that I might go with the wire fix.

Thanks for the ideas!

PB

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very cool. I've been repositioning mine by drilling new attachment points for the stem/nub things. A sitting Blucky will get new holes at the front of the pelvis. A reaching Blucky will have an arm attachment hole at the top of the shoulder.
I also take time to lengthen the backbone. Why do they make them with those stubby spines? Lol
I also carve and re-do their skulls, it gives them personality.
All of mine are old-school corpsed with panty hose and carpet adhesive over their modifications and most wear clothes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.