Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh-la-la, OK... I'll check the mail... I do get occassional ads from CVS... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

FYI, I just looked on spirithalloween's website and found they do have a poseable skeleton (must be new) for $79.99. Even the 20% off coupon doesn't cut it... to CVS I go.

Thanks!
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
24 Posts
The manager at my nearest CVS said that all of the Halloween merch should be out by the end of next week. I mentioned wanting to use the 25% coupon and he said they would honor it. I plan to get two if they have them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sweet, that's great! I'd get the managers name so you can remind him/her about the conversation - just in case.

I'll likely head to my local CVS today. I'm in California by the way... stuff in general at various stores started to come out about a week ago.

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
I would love to see pics of what people are doing with their pose-n-stay skellies if Intella-girl doesn't mind her thread being jacked a little with photos of these guys all dressed up in their outfits. I have started dressing mine up already but haven't quite decided on the final theme. One has to be an old gal in a chair with an old ratty wedding dress with a sign above her saying "WAITING FOR THE PERFECT MAN" and him in his chair with his sign saying "SHE TOLD ME TO WAIT JUST 5 MINUTES"
Here is a link to the best photo shoot of 12 of these guys and gals http://www.stopandeattheroses.com/
and a pic of my favorite skellie Rania did
Rania's skellie.jpg

Rania hope you don't mind me sharing your stuff but it is too good and just a ton of inspiration for the rest of us! thanks!!!

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
Couldn't wait to play dress up with Flo (yes I named her) She is waiting for her man! Hehe it's been a long wait! Note I gave her 2 watches as I am sure she is checking the time constantly!

Flo 1.jpg

Flo 2.jpg

Flo 3.jpg

Flo 4.jpg

On this next pic I just wanted to show you a problem I noticed with these skellies. Along the spine right up through the mouth (I added a red circle to highlight one) there are alot of screws showing so I plan to squirt some white construction glue then touch them up with paint. It is not a big deal till someone starts taking photos then they seem to stand out like a sore thumb! Will just make sure not to glue up the important ones at the joints that move or you will never be able to pose it again!

Flo 5.jpg

I think I might give her some real eyes behind her spectacles they are those thick lens ones so it will give her quite a buggy eyed look.

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
I'm pretty sure there was a thread started last year with lots of photos of dressed Pose-N-Stays. I'll see if I can locate and link to it. Kaster, Love Flo. She's got great personality. I think I love anything Rania does!

Still looking but in the meantime here's a Wally in use thread: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/120084-what-you-doing-your-walgreens-skeletons.html

I give up. Maybe not searching under the right word. Anyway here's a few Costco Pose-N-Stays that people dressed up, starts at Page 37: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/116832-look-what-i-found-costco-today-38.html

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
Ghost of Spookie; thanks for the time finding those threads I looked myself the other day and couldn't find anything. These were just what I was looking for. I just can't get enough of looking at the ideas people come up with using these! Cracks me up every time I see a new one!!! I think I will start a new Pinterest board just for skellies dressed up so I can get a good laugh!

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
Had gotten my Pose-N-Stay skeleton from CVS last year; then picked up the glow-in-the-dark version from Grandin Road after Halloween.

Wanted to pick up another one this year, but haven't gotten around to it yet. (Think that my local Costco is now sold out of them, but should be able to find one at CVS again.)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes! Walmart does. We picked up one today and the had quite a few. They are not in a box, just folded and hanging up. It looks just like the CVS one to me.

Edited to say it was $50

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Our skeletons invaded our library where our witches were already hanging out so they weren't in the way while we're making other props in the garage. My kids dressed them up. It looks like a creepy cocktail party in there now.
BTGuwC1CQAEe6b1.jpg

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Am I hallucinating... Did I see somewhere on here (I can't find it now) that Walmart has the Pose and Stay Skeleton?!?
Yes, apparently Wal-Mart does have them and YES--you are hallucinating! JK :)

I'm glad they are "Pose-and-Stay" skeletons. I'd hate to pose them and then watch them get up and leave...........:)

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
Hahaha you 2 are funny!!! Still I think I am chaining mine down somehow, I read somewhere on here where one guy had his stolen right off his front porch! So mine will be grounded and sent to their room and no TV!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts