Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CVS just put out life-size poseable skeletons for $49. I was tempted to grab a couple but I thought folks here might have purchased them and would be able to say whether they're worth it or not.
It's this one

Are they worth the $50? Do they hold a pose well enough?
Thanks!

·
Evil Wizard
2,141 Posts
If you've already registered with CVS website, then you might want to check your e-mail inbox. Just this morning, I got an e-mail with a 25% off coupon.

If not, then you should probably register. Don't know how frequently they send out such coupons though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We had ours standing at the porch railing last year and he stayed in every pose we put him in (and this is outside). Very cool prop and not expensive. I used a 25% off coupon to buy one last year and I am seriously thinking of getting a second one since I just got another 25% off coupon in my e-mail yesterday. He is so much easier to use than a Bucky and less expensive. We actually had ours climbing up the railing at one point and he stayed right where we put/posed him.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I bought two from Costco ($40 each) and two from Grandin Road ($70 each, but I had 20% off coupon) and I swear they are the same skelly. Soooo that would make the CVC skelly if it is the same as the Costco skelly definitely worth the $50. (Did my math make sense?) LOL

I have to check out our CVS this weekend. :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Went to three stores this morning and none of them had them in stock yet. "Trucks coming in next Tuesday so check back." Well dang! The 25% off coupon I have expires Monday!!! I get no respect!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
The skellys at Spirit look the same (except no box) and are $50. Thankfully the wife works there so we get 25% off, so thats the skelly we are going with this year

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
The skellys at Spirit look the same (except no box) and are $50. Thankfully the wife works there so we get 25% off, so thats the skelly we are going with this year
You might want to check that. I believe the $50.00 Spirit skellies are similar to the ones Walgreens sells for $30.00. They are not posable (they don't hold a pose).

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
My CVS just put out life-size poseable skeletons for $49. I was tempted to grab a couple but I thought folks here might have purchased them and would be able to say whether they're worth it or not.
It's this one

Are they worth the $50? Do they hold a pose well enough?
Thanks!

Is that the photo from my 2012 Album? http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/ghost-of-spookie-albums-halloween-store-items-2012-picture128163-cvs-2012-pose-n-stay-skeleton-49-99-bobble-head-3-ft-butler-29-99-animated.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
Went to three stores this morning and none of them had them in stock yet. "Trucks coming in next Tuesday so check back." Well dang! The 25% off coupon I have expires Monday!!! I get no respect!!
I went to 2 stores and neither had them. The 2nd store had a decent amount of Halloween stuff. All they would say was that they were "coming". I got a neat lantern and a flickering candelabra for "set decoration" with my 25% off coupon but they aren't a skeleton and my skelly needs a friend.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ghost of Spookie: Yep it's your pic. I looked in the forums for posts about the skeletons before I posted the question and found your post from last year. Since I hadn't taken a photo when I was at the store I used your pic of the box from last year.

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
I just picked up 2 of the Pose'n'Stay skellies from the Costco here in Canada for $40.00 a piece and love mine I hear that they are selling like hot cakes at the States side Costco's so you probably won't find any at there. Even though you paid more than the costco ones you probably won't be able to find them anywhere else. Seen a couple on ebay last night and they wanted 55 and 59 bucks plus 25 for shipping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Costco in my area didn't have any Halloween stuff other than a few candles. I don't know if they had the poseable skellies and they are gone or they are yet to show up. I couldn't wait so I bought 2 at CVS.

The only thing I don't like about them is the arms at the shoulders only pivot up and down, for example you cant make it touch its head with the hands. Also in the sitting position the feet cross and it doesn't sit normal. I guess I really shouldn't complain, just a few years ago you couldn't get ones like this for this price. I remember not too long ago the only thing available was the blow mold skeletons that looked nothing like a real skeleton and to get that look you had to buy the medical training stuff or make it yourself.

·
Registered
194 Posts
To jdubbya, get a raincheck! I'm sure they have to give it to you since that are out of stock! :)

These skeletons looks great! I bought 2 (non-poseable) skeletons from Cost Plus last year that looks great but since they don't hold a post, I'm headed to CVS to find these babies! Gotta sign up for CVS coupons right now, thanks for the info!

Cheers!
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
194 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the skeletons from Spirit are poseable? Since they have a coupon on spirit's website right now, it might be cheaper than CVS for those of us that don't have the $25 CVS coupon. :/)

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Spirit skeletons are not Pose-n-Stay. However, if you look in the ads that you should have received in the mail yesterday or today, CVS has a 25% off coupon good until next weekend.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts