Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While this design seems like it should work, it will only keep your skel semi-upright on a flat surface (he kind of lists to one side). It won't work if you try to use it outdoors in the yard, on the driveway if it's sloped, or even on thick plush carpeting. The main support fits together well, however the base is too small and lightweight and the clip points are fragile and bend extremely easily. If you're just displaying your skel in the living room, this will work okay. If you want to use it anywhere other than on a flat surface, you will want to reinforce the bottom and definitely use some zip ties to hold your bones on... I do like that the white metal has been antiqued so it won't show as much and the curves follow the shape of the skel. I also like that it breaks down for storage. If you can grab a few on sale, it's easier (and cheaper) than building your own.

I got mine from www.halloweencostumes.com for $14.99 each.

IMG_8714.jpg

IMG_8715.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8719.jpg

IMG_8720.jpg

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
Thanks for your review. I saw those listed somewhere and was curious. The photos are great and very helpful in getting a good feel for how the stand works with the skeletons. I do like how the post is more or less hidden.

I find that even using cast iron square-based torch stands for prop support that the base isn't large enough or heavy enough to prevent wind from blowing over a prop. Even those 4 legged christmas tree stands can blow over. Best thing I ever used was a heavy cast iron patio table umbrella stand but that was huge and heavy. I may pick up one or two of the stands and add a thick wooden large base to it that can be secured with screws or some strapping to the bottom of the stand. Hopefully that will do the trick for most situations. I'll probably paint the wooden base black.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I am setting up four skeleton pall bearers this year in the cemetery with a coffin this year and was trying to come up with a way to make them stand and this will work great with a bent piece of 1/2" PVC i can make it so i can drive rebar in the ground and slide them over the rebar.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice! I just picked up the same skeleton. I'm gonna hammer some black rebar into the ground and make him stand using that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts