Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted that they spoke with a Costco staff member and said it didn't look like they would be getting any of the Pose-N-Stay skeletons in this year. No way yet of knowing if that will be true I suppose. Their CostcoConnection online/print catalog for August should be coming out soon and that's when they start advertising halloween items coming in. Anyway if you don't have a Costco or they don't get the posable skeletons in and you need some I thought I would check out a few sites with decent prices. Here's two that I found. One is way better than the other if you act fast.

BuyCostumes has Pose and Hold Skeletons for 49.99. Free shipping on orders of $75. $10 off if $100 with code on website (good all year basically). In stock if you need something now. BuyCostumes will do sales every so often so a chance for more of a discount. http://www.buycostumes.com/p/806909/lifesize-pose-and-hold-skeleton

A number of people who didn't have a Costco to go to a few years back had great luck when ordering from CostumeParty. This year seems promising too for early birds. Life-size Pose and Hold Skeletons on sale for $28.95. Right now 100+ in stock. As I recall their shipping back then was pretty good and looking at their rate table now I'd say it hasn't changed much. They went fast at this price a few years ago. This place has been mentioned as a source on here since at least 2012. http://www.costumeparty.com/party-supplies/decorations/240800.html

·
Registered
476 Posts
just got two from costumeparty my self. thanks for the heads up! :D

the home depot one is pretty nice. picked up the last one they had last year. it has light up eyes as well. the construction isn't to great and not a huge fan of the style of it but it was a pretty good price.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for providing this information everyone. I also just ordered two posable skeletons from Costume Party and used the 5% coupon. Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Found a 5% of coupon for costumeparty...5offallproducts, 2 skellies shipped for $67.55..

sent from my Galaxy S5 with tapatalk
Thanks for the info, everyone! Does anyone have info on the quality of these compared to the Costco pose-n-stay? The price is good, but I want to make sure quality is up-to-par. Can someone post a photo of the box and skeleton when they arrive? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I ordered 2 last night and got the shipping notice this morning hopefully I can post a picture soon, if someone hasn't done so by the time mine arrive. :)

Thanks for the info, everyone! Does anyone have info on the quality of these compared to the Costco pose-n-stay? The price is good, but I want to make sure quality is up-to-par. Can someone post a photo of the box and skeleton when they arrive? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very interested in fellow haunter's impressions of the CostumeParty skeletons.
I've heard mixed reviews, It would be great to hear from somebody that has one in hand.

·
Registered
476 Posts
they look like some that i all ready have. im hoping they are. they have nice joints on them and have a good look to them. i think there the ones i got at walmart but cant remember of hand. all of mine are in storage so cant take new pics but they can be seen on the thread below. ill confirm this when i receive them from costume party. should be soon. its been a couple days. :D

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/143625-yard-haunt-fenceing.html

pretty sure its the same as this one. based on the pic on there site. if that's the one we'll actually get.
268423d1446863187-yard-haunt-fenceing-imag2992.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Took the chance and just ordered. Hope the quality is decent but cannot beat the price.
Hope my wife does not get mad!
Total cost: $67.55 for two.

Or...I could have bought this one on Amazon for 29.99....just saying....

Blow Skelly.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
20151113_180150.jpg What I did last year with my posable skellys...my ceilings are 11 feet tall, so I suspended them with the flame flicker lights along the hall way from the kitchen to the entrance hall. I did this at 2a.m. the night of the day before the party...(actually the day of the party) it was a stroke of genius I thought! LOL

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just got my skeletons delivered, and while they're not bad, they're definitely not as good quality as the Costco ones. The plastic seems thinner, the mouth/jaw is not poseable, and the joints don't look as sturdy. I've attached some photos, but I didn't completely unpack it so I could store it better until Halloween. IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0918.JPG IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0920.JPG IMG_0921.JPG

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Just so everyone knows. The pose n stays are very likely to be sold online at Costco.com same as last year. So if those are the ones you are interested in I would hold off if you are going to be looking for them and would prefer that quality.

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Costume Party skeleton looks kind of like the Big Lots 2015 skeleton (with red eyes, 50.00). Same type of feet but without the LED eyes or price.

Big Lots, 2015:

I don't remember seeing the Home Depot skellies last year as I don't have photos but found one shown from last year on this post: http://www.halloweenforum.com/gener...me-depot-halloween-2015-a-15.html#post1786689 . It had red LED eyes as well. Personally I'm not a fan of red dot eyes on skeletons. The plastic on the HD from the photo posted looks kind of shiny.

The Costco Pose-N-Stay skeletons from past years are a harder plastic (CVS carried them as well, 49.99 in 2015-2012). I know that some members love this harder plastic type, others not. Seems like people who wanted to corpse their skeletons liked the non-Costco version better as they were more like the old Walgreen's Wallys and took to posing and corpsing better. There are a number of past year threads discussing the differences in the various posable skeletons out there if people are new to this and interested to know the differences.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I think this is the blow-molded (?) version that you can get at a few places (Spirit included) for 22/23. The parts aren't bonelike, think tubes, the rib-cage is one big piece. I think you might be disappointed. These skellies have their uses, especially where you need one that is light to climb walls, climb into a chimney, go up and down on a rope. That kind of application.

Last year was my first big year for buying stuff, and bought one of these guys last year, like you, just to see what it was about. Either I am becoming a better shopper, or last year seems to have been the year that acceptable skellies (non blow-molded) dropped below the $50-$60 price point; I cleaned out Home Depot when I found some at $30 in early September, and also got some for even less (maybe $19?) at Walgreens in a post Halloween sale, but that seems to have been specific to that one Walgreen's, and was not available at others.

EDIT: I think I misinterpreted the earlier post and they were ribbing on the blow molded guy. Never mind. Stupid, stupid, stupid...(me that is).

1 - 20 of 54 Posts