Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an easy/inexpensive way to create posable hands? Store bought plastic hands/arms always have the flat "handshake" pose - and you can only find only left handed ones! (Or maybe it's always right handed) - anyway......would LOVE to see some ideas to make realistic hand that can be posed into a realistic grip, pointing, etc. THANKS!

·
Registered
67 Posts
HI,

Mummy hands.

1.jpg
2.jpg

After taping the hands use paper mache.... white glue, grout, flour, water mix to the consitancy of milk. drys in a day rock hard

3.jpg

After three layers of paper and hands and the fingers are the right thickness......if you want Zombi or mummy hands, use workshop fiber towls... it has a paper / fiber mix like a dish rag. if you want life like hands use paper clay and smooth out with water ( look up paper clay on line)

4.jpg

I bought fake finger nails (not pictured here) and painted black and dry brushed a brown.
If you would like smoother hands.... make paper clay.

with the paper mache glue mix above and paper clay... drys rock hard.

best of luck

Fletch

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
opps... I should have said Joint compond..... translation from norwegian meterials (sparkle) is grout..... correct translation is joint compond. but hey... i bet the grout mix would also work and might even be more water resistant.. problem is that you must wear latex gloves when using it.

sorry for the mix up.

Fletch.

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is great! I bet this would work nicely to make those pumpkin vine limbs, too. Would probably even be more sturdy since I think the pumpkin vine limbs are just wire and foam.

·
Registered
67 Posts
yes, perfect for pumpkin limbs...here is a finished mummy that will go in my catacomb crypt. As you can see the hands would be perfect as root hands for a pumkins..

mummy.jpg

no tut for this but the body is a garbage bag filled with crumbled newspaper.... taped in the shape of what i thought to be a dried up corpse...three layers of newspaper mache......... 1 or 2 layers of the cloth towels just to cover the newspaper and wrinkle for texture. ( i pinch it up for the wrinkles)

mache'ing is a lot easier than i thought and these are my first attempts... looking forward to doing more and hope to do a tut..(gets messy so i never like to grab the camera)

lots of help on line, so i will not take credit....

Fletch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts