Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is familiar with the PVC method of creating dummies. But what about posable ones? The first time I built a dummy, I didn't use the PVC method, because I wanted it to be posable. So I searched the local Home Depot for options, and this is what I came up with. It works good, but I'm sure it could use some improvement. They basically consist of 2x2's, attached together with metal straps that can be bent back and forth. Then you pad it out with whatever you can, and put a costume on it.

If anyone is interested, I have the entire tutorial posted on my site,

Posable Dummies

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been wanting to build a few of these since last year..but there is no way I am gonna do all that cutting/drilling until I get a good bandsaw/drillpress!

every joint bends and rotates.... ton of work I am sure.... but the idea of a staic prop every year kinda bores me... I want to be able to change the pose and clothes every year ;-)

link/pic in next post ;-)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kewl, I actually never thought of sticking with PVC and just using bendable joints. Is it as sturdy though I wonder? These ones I've made can actually stand on their own without a support base or stand. Wind will blow them down though so I'm careful where to place them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great concept! I like the fact they will stand on their own... big bonus over the PVC one I made 2 years ago. I think I might need to make a couple for my pirate cemetary this year...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts