Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thats a little vague to give a straight answer. It really depends on the current draw needed. Look at the label on the projector and dvd player to see what its power requirements are. LED projectors will typically use less power than a metal halide bulb projector etc. Also you should consider using a digital media player that will play off of a USB or SD card as it would use less power.

A marine/RV or car battery and a power inverter would likely cover it. You can also group multiple batteries (parallel) if needed to gain more time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Look at the label on the projector, usually near the power plug socket. It should say XXX volts XX amps or XX watts.

This will tell you how much power you need to run it for 1 hour. that plus the power needed from the player... = how big of a battery / bank you need to power them for X amount of time.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at the label on the projector, usually near the power plug socket. It should say XXX volts XX amps or XX watts.

This will tell you how much power you need to run it for 1 hour. that plus the power needed from the player... = how big of a battery / bank you need to power them for X amount of time.
Ob=nly rating I see is 100-240V 50-60Hz 2.6amp

·
Registered
304 Posts
ok, so 120 v x 2.6a = 312watts per hour.

so... if you get a 700 amp battery with a 400 watt inverter, you can probably run for about 1.5 hours. ( this is due to loss inverting the 12v to 120v).

I would avoid a generator unless you have some way to cover the noise. They are EXTREMELY noisy, even the so called "quiet" ones that are beyond expensive. 2 car batteries and a 400 watt inverter will get you your 3 hours, pretty much silently.

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would run it for about 1 hour or so. but it is basically what I was talking about in 1 unit. A battery and an inverter. If you take 2 car batteries and hook Negative to Negative, and Positive to positive, then hook up the inverter, you would have one of those with 1400 ish watts.
thanks for that info.

btw what formula are you using to calculate?

·
Registered
304 Posts
The formula to calculate the watts is Volts X Amps = Watts (per hour).

You will also have some overhead loss due to inverting 12v dc to 120v ac, usually 20 - 40 % for the inverter overhead, so that was simply a guess as I have no way to know what inverter you would buy.

EDIT: yes that vid shows basically what I was meaning by a couple car batteries and an inverter.

·
Registered
175 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts