Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you go onto YouTube and search articulating wings. I know in there are a few that have the dimensions for the construction but as for the actuator I am not sure what you would need . Hope that helps

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
Here is one I built a few years ago. The only thing I can envision is the whole mechanism falling from the ceiling if not very securely mounted. If the movement is somewhat fast/violent you will have the whole thing moving around if not secured.

https://youtu.be/XxEPs6mbq8U

If you have any questions , PM me here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is one I built a few years ago. The only thing I can envision is the whole mechanism falling from the ceiling if not very securely mounted. If the movement is somewhat fast/violent you will have the whole thing moving around if not secured.

https://youtu.be/XxEPs6mbq8U

If you have any questions , PM me here.
That's exactly what i had in mind to built ! Do you have the plans for that mechanism ?

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
The one I built was based on the design from Pandemic Haunt Productions. I changed some of the dimensions to suit my needs, but the basic idea and layout was there
and that is what I used. Their website seems to be gone, not sure if they are still in business. If you want to pm me and I might be able to send you the plans. I did change things in the construction of it due to the fact that I didn't / don't like the idea of a bolt going through a hole in a square tube for a pivot. I used oilite bushings and shoulder bolts at all of the pivot points. It may be overkill ,but it works a lot better and smother that some of the others I've seen. And will last longer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The one I built was based on the design from Pandemic Haunt Productions. I changed some of the dimensions to suit my needs, but the basic idea and layout was there
and that is what I used. Their website seems to be gone, not sure if they are still in business. If you want to pm me and I might be able to send you the plans. I did change things in the construction of it due to the fact that I didn't / don't like the idea of a bolt going through a hole in a square tube for a pivot. I used oilite bushings and shoulder bolts at all of the pivot points. It may be overkill ,but it works a lot better and smother that some of the others I've seen. And will last longer.
Could you please send me the plans too. Because I really would like to make this mechanism too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts