Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year was my first pneumatic bucky pop up. I used the screen door cylinder with the solenoid on a motion sensor with the air compressor. The frame was wood. The main problem was it was wobbly. And really fast and jerky when it went back down after the sensor timed out and released the unit. (sorry if the terminology is not right, but I figure if you can help than you know what I mean). So I was thinking about getting a new screen door cylinder and tapping threads into it for the hose. Then I want to build a different frame or rig. I was thinking about the 4 pole or 4 stick (terminology) system because it seems to be less jerky and you get more travel of the figure. So can any one lead me to a good but nor giant build? I was thinking about another bucky or a home made ghost about that size that pops through some bushes. Thanks.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have a prop that I call "Bushes" that pops out of the bushes at about a 20-25 degree angle toward you guests instead of popping up out of the bushes. The prop is sturdy and is mounted in a 5-gallon bucket that is screwed onto a platform. The downside to this prop is that it uses PVC as air cylinders and, like I said earlier, it pops out at your guests so you need to be very careful. I can take pictures of the prop and email them to you if you are interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts