Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While checking out the new selections at Grandin Road I saw an awesome mirror with a skeleton coming out of it. The $500 price tag scared me off, but it did inspire me a little. Not being mechanically inclined to build something as elegant as the Grandin Road one, I did make a "poor mans" version using a loop of black thread under the arms of one of those $15 Walmart ground breakers. I then "hung" the loop around the top of a couple mirrors hanging around the house, adjusting it to get the proper angle (I tied the thread with a granny knot so I could make adjustments, then I tied a square knot when finished).

poormansmirror1.jpg

poormansmirror2.jpg

poormansmirror3.jpg

They are not nearly as elegant as the Grandin Road version which can be found at http://www.grandinroad.com/sorceress-skull-framed-mirror/halloween-haven/indoor-decor/808344 but I do like the look and the price. The skeletons are light enough so they don't seem to hurt the mirror and if a kid swats one and breaks it you I am not out $500 (we host a kids party each year). If you get close enough you can see the thread but hopefully no one will go that close.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,974 Posts
Elegant Schmelegant, it's less glittery, looks great & is way cheaper.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Some ancient peoples thought they could "See" spirits" in reflections of water and later mirrors.
If you had a flat screen Tv with a video camera behind someone, you could make a "mirror" (The flat-screen) they could face and only see their own back!
Of course this could be made even better if you secretly stuck a sign on their back saying something like "Next Victim" ,0r "Watch me closely, I might be a Werewolf."Or just the age-old standby:"KICK ME!"

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Nice work, CreepyMagic!
I have one on my agenda, too. I've got a mirror I like, but I need to paint the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts