Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have been trying many different things and cant seem to keep this spider on the stick.

What Im doing is trying to keep a polystyrene foam spider that we bought at Spirit a few years back, ontop of a 4' 3/4" dowel/rod/stick, that goes into my small lunger pneumatic system.

Anyone have any ideas or experiences on keeping this spider on? My longest so far has been 32 Jumps at 60psi then it finaly flies off.
Just don't know how to keep anything attached to the spider.

knowledge would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
If you could attach a small strip of wood like a piece of 1x3 to the top of your dowel (maybe using a couple of those Stanley 90 degree metal brackets) then you could drill some holes in the board and attach the spider by running wire or wire ties up over the legs and then down through the holes in your board.

I did something similar with a much larger spider.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea!! I am currently putting a 1x3 on the top... just didn't think of using wire to hold the spider. will go give it a try....thx

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dah!!! that's why mine didn't work. okay thx for the pic, I put the holes in wrong spots!!
Back to the workshop .....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Could you Gorilla Glue a piece of PVC pipe into the spider (permanently), and then slide that over your dowel rod and attach with a screw or through bolt? It would be removable and very strong.

·
Registered
38 Posts
another option would be to have a small metal rod laying on top of the spider. some rope tied around the rod that then goes through the spider down to the rod and attaches to the rod.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I did just like Diabolik suggested and placed my spider on a small platform. Then drilled holes in it and put a tie wrap around the spider. You can barely see the tie wrap behind the head. It's a large one like the Spirit one (I think leg span is 5' when fully stretched out). It runs off of 60psi and pops up and down several times when triggered. So far it's holding strong and doesn't appear to be going anywhere. We sprayed him with some fluorescent paint and I had the kids go to town adding the orange accents.

DSC_0833.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts