Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got round to putting some photos of props I made for my last Halloween party. The Archway & Fireplace are homemade versions of products I found on the net & were made out of some pieces of polystyrene I had lying around. The Casket was quickly made the day before the party out of some cardboard I had. It did the job but this year Im hoping to be bigger and better. Just need to put my thinking head on now. :D

Let me know what you think. I need inspiration :)

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
Your house looked incredible. And I can't believe you only spent a day on the cardboard casket. Are you throwing a party this year? Any themes in mind yet. If you dress up (and who doesn't) maybe coordinate it with your costume??

BTW I've seen the products you were referring to and you did a great job with yours.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for the nice comments :) Yep only one day. Had a big box in the shed and a flash of inspiration followed by a pair of scissors, a roll of gaffer tape, some black paint & the misses to lie down in it to make sure sizing was right! She looked a little worried at that request. I was going to leave her life insurance policy on the side whilst I asked her but thought best of it :D
Not got any themes in mind yet. Im leaving it a little late!!!! Got to get my thinking hat on. Would like to include the back garden this year. We have a wooded area & a stream flowing through. Ill think of something. Glad you liked the gothic arch & fireplace. I wanted them but not willing to pay horrendous prices so hacked at some foam & splashed some paint. Not perfect but do the job just fine for me. Plus when the lights are off the imperfections make it more unique or am I making excuses :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
sometimes it's the little things that make it whole... the coffin looked great, better than anything you could buy. It's all in location, how it's put together/presentation.
Very nicely creepy room

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou all for the great comments. If I can find some more of the rest of the party/house I will add them to my pagey thing. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
You did a great job on the whole thing. Here some ideas though, you could use cheapo toilet paper holders for the casket handles the chrome would set it off really well. Might try to make a fake fire for the fireplace. I read some articles on the net recently and they don't seem to be that hard to make.

great job!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You did a great job on the whole thing. Here some ideas though, you could use cheapo toilet paper holders for the casket handles the chrome would set it off really well. Might try to make a fake fire for the fireplace. I read some articles on the net recently and they don't seem to be that hard to make.

great job!!
Now thats a good idea! Like I said the casket was rushed but the chrome handles would really add something :) I will look into making a fake fire. I added the scene setter just to disguise the 'modernish' fire.

Halloweenbarb: Thankyou for your nice comment. :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dazzer, good try! My only suggestion is as you are obviously only a novice in halloween decoration ideas, I would encourage you to seek professional inspiration and guidence. You should take the advice from the leader of halloween design work, GB enterprises. That's Uncle Geoff to you, darling. Mwah mwah! xD

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That really is a fantastic job of Halloween decorating! Your Homemade styrofoam props turned out unbelievable!! Happy haunting this Halloween!
Cheers Headstone13, Been hacking away at Polystyrene again this week. This time its a cemetary wall & columns :) Will post pics soon

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Dazzer, good try! My only suggestion is as you are obviously only a novice in halloween decoration ideas, I would encourage you to seek professional inspiration and guidence. You should take the advice from the leader of halloween design work, GB enterprises. That's Uncle Geoff to you, darling. Mwah mwah! xD
Ha ha ha.... Fancy finding you on here! Good detective work :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts