Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know anything about The Pololu Micro Maestro/ShiftBars and C#? I know it's a specific request. If you know anyone that may know anything about it, could you point me in their direction? Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More specifically...

I have a Micro Maestro with servos connected on pins 0-2. I'm able to control the servos just fine using the USB connection and the USC and USBWRAPPER classes.. Essentially, I've taken the C# code that was provided in the Advanced Example in the Pololu USB SDK and I've put my own code in and changed several things. So, I've got that working.

My question, then, is about hooking up a ShiftBar to the pins 3-5 and controlling it using the same C# code I've written. I haven't seen any C# code examples out there to help me understand what options I have in the way of controlling the ShiftBar using C#. I've read the documentation for the Maestro code and it makes sense, but I'd really like to use the same program to control both.

Has anyone out there done something like this? Is there a code example somewhere I can check out? Thank you.

I've also posted this on the Pololu forum, but I know how creative many are on this board, and since it's for a Halloween-related project, I figured someone may have tried this. I imagine the Brookeshire VSA software would NOT work to control the ShiftBars... correct?

·
Registered
490 Posts
EDIT: Arggh... sorry about the previous (now deleted) post. Somehow my post to another thread got put here.

But... since I seem to have a post here now...
It looks like the Micro Maestro has an SSCII-compatible mode, and can emulate a USB-to-serial port. So, I'm guessing you could get it to work with VSA as a mini-SSC. Regarding control of a ShiftBar, I think they're asking you to manually toggle the IO pins on the Micro Maestro through the C# code, in order to talk to the ShiftBar's protocol.

- Hook

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks, Hooked... I'll try to miniSSC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts