Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a thread regarding your actual numbers, but I'm interested to see simply if they were up or down from last year. Trying to see if there is a + or - trend. Thanks for participating.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
last year we had over 100 and a hayride come by this year the Churches all joined togethe to have a big even and I only had 10-12. Hummmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We went from 500-600 last year, to around 1,000 this year.
WOW! :eek::cool:

We had about 350 again this year. I expected more with Halloween being a Friday night, but there was a large party at the middle school in town that night.

We had quite a bit of left over candy that we had to eat...ummmm...I mean get rid of, since we planned for 450. :p

Eric
________
YZ400F

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
I'm thinking ours stayed about the same, probably between 300-400...we missed giving candy to some as we had to go out and TOT as well, but we still ran out of our 'givin' out' candy before they stopped coming. It's amazing..even with the lights off and pumpkins unlit, they were knocking at 9:30.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Our numbers were way down this year to 150 but the reason could be considered a good one in some respects...being outside of Philly, the Phillies Championship parade was set for the 31st (bet the city planners don't have kids) and getting out of the city afterwards was near impossible. I've since spoken to alot of neighbors with kids that I didn't see that night and was told they got home just before dark but their kids were just wiped out.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Went up to around 420-430 this year, whereas last year was about 300...so about a 40% increase this year.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just counting Tot's (by candy count) we had about 400. But we had 3 to 4 times as many adults for our walk through so we're guessing that we had over a thousand.

Way up from the first year at this house 4years ago, we had maybe 30-50. The numbers go up every year.

If you haunt it, they will come :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
We were down last year we had over 900 this year, 721. That is three years in a row where we had over 700. This year we had to compete with two other haunted houses. One made them sign a waiver so that was hyped as super scary. A college halloween dance, the bars, and many house parties, should be about the same as next year being a Saturday.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,854 Posts
Decreased by more than half. :(:confused:

I wish I lived where all the "increased" numbers were. Dh and I both were so down, and then there was all this candy, and you know how depressed people eat..:eek::D

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Not bad

We do very well for a new and small community here in the county and we are miles away from even a gas station. We did near 300. I would like to hit about 400 after that we could not effectively run my backyard trail as the crowds would be too large. We had one group of 30 (too many at once ) come take our walk. Plus we are in a party area so next year will be tuff for #'s on Sat. with all the competition here. But we are expanding the backyard trail ( into the Cedar trees) a few hunderd more yards and extending the hrs as well. Whats nice is we get over a 90 % turn out of about 300 homes. Its where you live for #'s too. About 5 miles away is a huge community with about 2,000 homes full of kids....I could easily get a 90 % turn out there, ...Yikes. *** See our Cedar tree expansion pics below , first light post is in place.....yeehaw.:D ***

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow those are some big numbers. I dont think we even have that many kids living in our little town. The numbers here have gone up since my daughter was born but this year we were short a person to hand out the candy. I took my daughter out tot and Mom was gonna hand out candy but was so sick she could not get up. My Dad said the 5 kids from next door walked down our long driveway and maybe 4 more but that was it. Not many people like to trot up the hill on our street let alone walk down the drive. We are working on the decorations to make things more interested. Hope one day we will be at all your numbers.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
last year my house did the front up and only got about 3 ToT's ( Yes! 3!)

this year did a bit more and got well over 100+

1 - 20 of 28 Posts