Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At every party I've ever held or attended people are always misplacing their drinks. At our party this year we'll be providing those acrylic skull goblets and to help people keep track of which glass is theirs we're attaching tags to the stem of each glass. What we're putting on each tag is a poison warning skull and crossed bones and the name of a poison. The problem is coming up with 30 0f 40 unique poison names. I don't care if the names are for the same poison as long as each is unique and pronounceable by intoxicated people. What I can't use is stuff like "2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin" which is better known as Agent Orange which is a quite acceptable name. I've got a few of the most common ones like Arsenic, Hemlock and so on but I've probably missed quite a few. So any ideas, anyone?

·
Registered
185 Posts
you can also use names of poisonous plants or flowers if you can't find enough names. or use potion names from Happy Potter ( they sound pretty deadly sometimes too..lol)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Nightshade. It's also known as Belladonna). It's a herb. Also, Monkshood (I have it in my garden in a place where no one will come in contact with it. The flowers are the most intense blue you can imagine. it's even toxic to touch.

Also the classic cyanide (smells like almonds to many) and arsenic (rat poison).

Lots of scope for imagination in those for bottle labels, aromas and colours.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. I've been so busy getting stuff ready that I hadn't had the time to dig through all the Google results for poisons. The links and suggestions should help narrow things down a bit.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the idea of putting a "poison" tag on the glass. You're doing a lot more work than what I would do. I'd get just a generic poison rubber stamp or print it on cardstock. Then I'd have the guests write their name on the other side of the tag to identify it.
Yeah, but you'd miss the fun of people asking "Has anyone seen my (insert poison name) glass?".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts