Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time lurker, but this is my first post. I apologise for formatting errors.

I have a airtac 4v210-08 110v ac solenoid. But when I connect it to a 123v (verified at the terminals) power source it hums but does not open the valve. The humming gets louder when more input pressure is applied (I want to run it between 40-60 psi). The manual button works and opens the valve correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas to trouble shoot this solenoid?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the solenoid turn off and on when you plug it in without air? Do you have the correct air lines connected in the correct ports with air?
I disconnected everything except the power, and I hear a faint click and a hum when I connect the power.

I don't think the air is hooked up wrong because the prop works then the manual button is pressed.
But here is how I hooked it up:
P)air in
R) exhaust
S) exhaust
A) to cylinder
B) to cylinder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I do remember having this problem once before. I have used around 200 solenoids for my props. I removed the side nut and disassemble the solenoid then put it back together. Something was misaligned and messed with operation by not pulling the solenoid.
How far did you tear it down? Did you just take the coil/ relay off? Or did you actually open the valve?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I opened the valve and messed around with it. Maybe start small and take it further. Start with the coil. When I shop out pinball machines I see this problem a lot with solenoids. It has been a very rare occurrence on valves in my experience.
Thank you! I will start diagnosing the coil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep us posted, cheers!
I switched the solenoid out with another identical one and it works perfect, and no buzzing and triggers from my controller. There must be some issue with my coil on the first solenoid. Thank you for all the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts