Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I did not think this one through all the way before.... I was wondering if anyone knows about a controller that will control pneumatic solenoids and servos at the same time. The prop I am currently working on Requires this.... I have been looking at the parallax 16 servo controller that can be hooked up to another controller to give it 32 servo compatibility. I was wondering if solenoids can be hooked up on this controller too... Will it also work with VSA software??? I am not good with this type of stuff!

I will need to control 22 pneumatic solenoids.... and 10 servos.....

Thank You,

Frank Balzer

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
How are you running the servo controller ? With VSA ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at a parallax basic stamp setup. this gives you 4 servos and 12 I/O channels. It also can hold the program in memory to stand alone. I think you can add the servo board to expand the servo channel count.
Eric

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
I am not real sure but for solenoids I think you can use a Kit 74 relay board . I'm sure there are more people on here that have had more expierence doing this than I have . I have just been messing around with VSA and some relays to do other things , turn on timing relays, sound , lights etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i agree with terra.
this prop looks like itsgoing to be great.

fellow haunter sells board of chuckie
SkullTroniX Board of Chuckee BOC 16 Channel DMX Servo Controller

then use a dmx relay
SkullTroniX Lighting Page

and you can use VSA to program, so life is easy.

dmx is used for skulltronix, and from the message board here i have seen pretty good support.

If i had money and a monster like that, thats what i would consider.

Get your requirements, draw up how you want it to work and send a message to Jerry.

Then when its done, post more pics!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts