Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm redoing a prop to put out by the street to scare the parents, who wont come in the yard. This will mount to a telephone pole, about 4 or 5 ft up. I just finished the mechanical work, later I'll add sound and will cover it with a large black hooded cape, skull and hands. Hows it look so far?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I brought the cylinder from Frightprops a couple years ago, it's a 2ft throw.

Man is my garage a mess!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm redoing a prop to put out by the street to scare the parents, who wont come in the yard. This will mount to a telephone pole, about 4 or 5 ft up. I just finished the mechanical work, later I'll add sound and will cover it with a large black hooded cape, skull and hands. Hows it look so far?

Don't shoot the messenger! Be careful with the weight of the prop and get an extra cylinder. Over time that shaft will bend. My Skeleton has the same set up. Drug him up one year, discovered bent shaft, friends and family pressured me to pay $100 over night shipping for a replacement (peer pressure is tough). We are suppose to use that complicated mechanical linkage I can't seem to wrap my brain around to support the weight. Now that I've warned you, yours will probably work trouble free for years : - ) http://www.snydercentral.com/halloween/skeleton.htm

bend.jpg

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Holy crap, that thing is great! I'd be concerned about bending the rod, too. It looks like it is flexing quite a bit already in your first video. I'd hate to see it get wrecked. Great prop!!! :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Russell is that an urn?
Kinda looks like it doesn't it. Its just a lamp base found at the local DAV (its like a Good Will store but they have a outdoor junk yard too). BTW - re" urn - I already had a discussion with my executor/Brother regarding the possibility of a coffin pop-up at my funeral. Maybe he will post a video here : - )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts